Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson Kelly Eerie Dess Swirl With White Bound Body.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Kelly Eerie Dess Swirl With White Bound Body.

Hey was just wondering if someone knew anything about a MIJ Kelly that was offered to me in a private sale. It is an Eerie dess swirl with white body binding that is very pronounced on both the front and back. Never have I seen any Eerie dess guitar with white binding before and it looks killer. Unfortunately I do not have a picture at this time and I’m in the process of acquiring one. Apparently it is a MIJ KE3 but I’m thinking it could be a lot more. If someone knows anything I would appreciate any information or theories.

I think I know what guitar you're talking about. I saw a Kijiji listing with one blurry photo of what I identified as a KE3 Eerie Dess Swirl with what appeared to be white binding on the headstock, fretboard, and body. I deduced that all the binding is aftermaket, and likely is white automotive pinstripe tape.

Legitimately bound KE3s (headstock and fretboard only, never the body) do exist and I am particularly invested in finding other examples because I have one and they are uncommon. I began documenting them here: https://www.jcfonline.com/forum/equi...ike-my-old-one Hence my interest when I saw that ad for the completely-bound KE3 Eerie Dess Swirl.

Comment

Thanks for the info the seller said he was going to be listing in on Kijiji so there’s a good chance we’re talking about the same guitar if you’re located in Canada. It looked well done for aftermarket Binding and definitely peaked my interest quite a lot. I was just thinking wishfully that perhaps it was some sort of USA custom shop or japan one off that the seller was unaware of the real value of. Thanks again!

Comment

I wish I shared your optimism for how well done the binding is. I suppose better photos or an in-person inspection would be warranted. The KE3 body has a bevel of inconsistent thickness and angle around its entire perimeter, front and back, and binding of a consistent width (as a long stretch of automotive pinstripe tape would be) might look "funny" when applied to the uneven terrain of the KE3 body bevel. I'd be interested to learn how he applied the binding to an edge that varies like it does. A flattop Kelly body (more like the Jeff Loomis Kelly or the KEX, both of which already have body binding but that's not the point) would be more conducive for applying binding of consistent width without it looking "funny".

It's already on Kijiji three days ago if this is the same guitar: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-guitar/city-...5747?undefined

Don't worry, you are in no danger of having this guitar stolen out from under you by me just by posting the actual ad. I live too far away and the price is out of my limits.

Jackson Kelly KE-3 guitar eerie dess swirl with case

$760.00

Posted 3 days ago

Description

With fitted case! Made in Japan, good condition.
        Lots of freebies! cables, straps, etc. just ask.
        Better pics coming soon

Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 07-02-2020, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Seriously, how on earth does someone manage to take such a bad photo? Even the cheapest phone will do better than that... O_o

Comment

Originally posted by skullfunkerry View Post
            Seriously, how on earth does someone manage to take such a bad photo? Even the cheapest phone will do better than that... O_o
            but i think 'phone' is the problem.
            i fully admit to not being a photographer. but you would be amazed at how many pictures I take... they look ok on my phone, but then when I import them to my pc.... they are dreadful

I take the time to look at them on the pc. but most people don't even have a computer anymore, so they have nothing to review them on.

Comment

It's tape?
              Had my attention for a minute, though.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                It's tape?
                Hard to tell but that was my guess. I'd hate to think that it's actually paint or something worse, which is far more irreversible.

No doubt that's a pre-2006 KE3 though. Even with the blurry photo, you can tell there's a chrome JT580LP trem and Duncan Designed Detonators with their enormous polepieces.

Comment

Working...
                X