No announcement yet.

trying to work out what model this is??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to work out what model this is??

heres some pics. im looking to buy it but i have no idea what the model is. the guys saying its a soloist slx from 2017 but i thought soloists were neck thrus.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson...Fingerboard.gc
    Jackson JS Series Dinky Guitar JS30 EX with Blackwood Fingerboard Red Stain

Comment

Is this a spot model / limited edition from Guitar Center or other vendor? The reason I ask is because it's not captured on the Jackson website in either its present, 2017, or 2018 archived versions, and not listed on www.GuitarInside.com. I was racking my brain trying to figure out what model this was beyond JS-Thirty-Something and could not identify it precisely because the direct-mounted pickups threw me off (it's normal to see JS Series guitars have pickup rings).

Good job Babazon.

2017 is the correct year for this serial number format, so OP was on the right track here.

Comment

Id love to hear a demo of the pick ups.

Comment

The pickups will likely be the same Jackson-branded pickups made by Belcat as the other Jackson-branded pickups offered in other JS Series guitars. Since the JS Series is the most affordable Series, I can imagine Jackson sticking to just one model of pickup (one bridge humbucker, one neck humbucker, maybe one model of single coil) to keep costs low. I briefly owned a 2013 JS32T Rhoads, with Jackson-branded pickups made by Belcat, and they were surprisingly hot and articulate for an OEM budget-minded pickup. You can probably watch any JS Series demonstration on Youtube and get an idea for what these Belcat pickups sound like.

Comment

Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Working...
            X