Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Mexican Dinky with a dry feeling maple neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mexican Dinky with a dry feeling maple neck?

Just bought a new Mexican Pro series Dinky. First I have to say it is a really nice guitar with a beautiful bright green finish. I love the ergonomics and I was able to get the action super low just like on my ibanez guitars. But the one thing that is bothering me a bit is the neck feels really dry and its a touch rough in a spot or two. I can deal with the roughness with some fine grit sandpaper but I was wondering if there is a way I can address the dry neck without taking the neck off and refinishing it with gun stock oil and wax. Eventually that is what I'm probably going to do but since I just bought it and spent hours setting up the FR, I'd rather go for a quick fix now and deal with the other stuff later when I need to change the strings. So I was wondering if some Dunlop Lemon Oil would fix the dry feeling on the maple neck or is there a better way to quickly deal with this issue without taking the neck off? Normally I'd just return a guitar that cost this much with any issues but I really like this one and I'd like to keep it.

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
    just like on my ibanez guitars.
    Well, technically, Ibanez is just like Jackson.

Comment

First, I am a big supporter of buying in person. try it before you buy it. not buy it, try it, return it if you don't like it.
      But, internet shopping exists, so immediately returning things that are wrong is also an option.

Yes, a layer of something could help.

Comment

Working...
      X