Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serial number / dating help - 1996? Jackson Professional KE3 (my old one, with pics!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial number / dating help - 1996? Jackson Professional KE3 (my old one, with pics!)

I found really old long-lost photos of my very first KE3 which I thought I lost forever!

The serial number is J012096.

The KE3 in this configuration (reverse sharkfins, no neckplate, small oblong electronics cavity, "Professional" script on the headstock, black hardware, Duncan Designed pickups) first appeared in the Jackson catalogs in 1996 but I'm not an expert on serial number formats from this era. Do the FINAL two digits in the serial number format represent the year? That's what my gut would tell me, but having the year at the end of a serial number flies in the face of many other serial number formats that have the year at the front.

Unfortunately, I never took any photos of the neck pocket or neck heel when I disassembled the guitar, so I don't recall if the manufacture date was stamped there.

EDIT: After looking at other guitars from the same era with the same serial number format, I think the 96 in my serial number is just a coincidence.

Anyway, here are some pics! Blast from the past!

Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 01-17-2020, 10:45 AM.
Working...
X