What is this? Dinky HH with Tom and dot inlays mij

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this? Dinky HH with Tom and dot inlays mij

Are active listings allowed? I’m not the seller or interested but I was wondering. Serial I think started with 95, weird right?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jackson-Ele...n/401923484294
    Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
    My collection also there!

Interesting. Not sure I've seen a Jackson dinky with specs like this. String thru and 22 frets. I guess it's possible for a 90s MIJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
      Interesting. Not sure I've seen a Jackson dinky with specs like this. String thru and 22 frets. I guess it's possible for a 90s MIJ.
      I know. I was hoping for the sake of the bidders it’s not a mutt because I know of later dinkies with that sort of lay out and the neck, assuming it’s a professional neck, would have to be a very late one to not have ‘professional’ written on it.
      Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
      My collection also there!

Comment

Interesting. Smaller control cavity on that one, too. I've never seen that one before.They have done the Stealth HX before with 22 frets and string-thru.
        Without the Professional on the headstock definitely makes me think it's later '90s, though. Jackson's done a few weird things that were never in catalogs. Could be Japan market, also?
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

This is going to be a stream of thoughts just spewed out in my reply here...

If it was Japan market, wouldn't it have Jackson STARS or Grover Jackson on the headstock? Correct me if I'm wrong; my knowledge on those Japanese market Jacksons has always been shaky.

Part of me thinks it's a mutt, but if it is, it's hard to say because I can't even identify the original model of the body. String-thru with the control layout far away and the San Dimas electronics route is a combination I can't ever recall seeing before.

Serial number of 95 would SUGGEST 1995 which in turn would imply that the headstock face should have the Professional/Performer/Concept script on the headstock as per other guitars up until 1998. (I realize not all Performers and Concepts were even Japanese; just trying to say there should be some script on the headstock face if it's from 1995.) So MAYBE it's a mutt with a 95 neckplate and a Japanese neck from a later era.

But now I'm scratching my head trying to think of 22-fret, dot-inlay, rosewood fretboard, pointy headstock, Japanese models from the "post-script" (1998-2011) era. I can't think of any.

The other part of me that thinks it's NOT a mutt is that the bridge is very close to the butt of the guitar. This is something you'd see on a guitar with fewer frets. If that body was meant to have a 24-fret neck, the bridge would be further from the butt (more towards the center of the body) to grant additional space for the two extra frets. So methinks that neck was meant for that body.

This is SUCH an oddball and is fascinating me.
          Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 10-22-2019, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
            If it was Japan market, wouldn't it have Jackson STARS or Grover Jackson on the headstock? Correct me if I'm wrong; my knowledge on those Japanese market Jacksons has always been shaky.
            Good point. Though, there were Charvels with the regular logo that were Japan market only.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I was just getting back into guitar (I'm really a bass player) and was thinking about a fixed bridge closest to my JDR94(the ultimate guitar, at least to me, lol). From info here that would be the dinky pro HX (only 100 made, never in a catalog?) but this seems would be kind of close but only 22 frets. This maybe a weird question but does anyone know if there is a Japanese guitar forum that might have information on these japan only models?

Comment

Working...
              X