so I put a emg 85 in my dinky ss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: so I put a emg 85 in my dinky ss

See, while others write their name in the snow during winter, I carve intricate ice sculptures using jets of urine... or something. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

well should i say it or would someone else like to do the honnors?
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I already did in my reply above joblo1978's second reply. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Soon enough man, soon enough. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I am guessing you talked directly to Mel to order the pickups. How did you pay for them? I would ideally like to use PayPal but I heard Mel doesn't go anywhere near computers or something. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I have tried the EMG 81 in the bridge of a few guitars, and haven`t liked any. I have liked the EMG 85 in the bridge of all of them. So that being said, I will always use the 85 in the bridge and the 81 in the neck. The EMG 85 is my favorite pickup ever. I love the low/mids. Jack.

Comment

very cool for clean stuff as well and lottsa balls . //Steve

Comment

hmm, I have the 85 in both bridge and neck. I wonder where the bias: 81 bridge, 85 neck came from. Lukather has the 85 in the bridge for quite some time if I recall correctly, so why a lot of ppl only thought of it as a neck PU is a mystery to me. but I have them in my Charvel 750xl and mudyy? don't think so, fat? do think so. really cool PU's

Harrald

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Hmmm, since I will probably never get to hear what an EMG-60 sounds like in a korina guitar (I think I remember your Explorer being korina, forgive me if I am wrong), what does it sound like? Too shrill and high? Very thin? Too glassy?

[/ QUOTE ]
                Priest, I Also have a 60n/81b config (in my USA Rhoads, Alder I gess). Let me Tell you: AWESOME PUP for neck, fat, creamy, kicks a lot(highest output EMG)! To describe better, sounds alike "still got the blues" solo with my SLO clone Lead Cannel, with endless sustain. Clean is also superb, really sweet(in a metal bad ass!) Love it al the way [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]. I'm trying to sell the 81 to get an 85 though [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  See, while others write their name in the snow during winter, I carve intricate ice sculptures using jets of urine... or something. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to see pics of said sculptures.
                  Check my Jackson themed Myspace page, hear some good metal, and check out a little shred fest by me.

http://www.myspace.com/joblo1978

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

CZ V-KNIGHT, thanks for the review on the EMG-60. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Guitar Geek, it was probably the Zakk Wylde influence, if not, the Kirk Hammett and James Hetfield influence for at least an EMG-81 in the bridge. I haven't actually heard any of Steve Lukather's stuff but I do know he does like the EMG-85 in his Music Man guitars (I think).

Comment

yeah i called mel and sent him a money order. and it took 4 months to get it. appearantly they had a fire a month before i ordered mine, and then they got a 250 pc. order from a guitar co. but all in all it was well worth the wait. i'm sure if you get one, you'll be happy! (passive 85 on steriods! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img])
                      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Okay good.

I misread the subject. I thought this was the "so I put an emg in my dinky ass" thread. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        I didn't think that would work too good. But ya never know I suppose.

Em

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Guitar Geek, it was probably the Zakk Wylde influence, if not, the Kirk Hammett and James Hetfield influence for at least an EMG-81 in the bridge. I haven't actually heard any of Steve Lukather's stuff but I do know he does like the EMG-85 in his Music Man guitars (I think).

[/ QUOTE ]

well, if you know Toto, you know Lukather; please, don't tell my you havent heard his stuff, in Europe that would be like admitting you're a moron [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img], but I know they were not that famous in the USA, so you MIGHT be excused.
                          and sure he likes them, in the bridge, the first guitar I played with an 85 bridge was the EBMM Luke -> great tone

about the EMG60 in the neck, I do have something to say about that. I considered it to be too bright. that's why I put an 85 there, on the other hand, a roommate of mine has an stratocaster with an SA SA 60 set and THERE the 60 sounds terrific, in the bridge that is. so it depends on the guitar I guess. it did not work great in my mahogany with maple guitar

harrald

Comment

Working...
                          X