JDR94 & JDX94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JDR94 & JDX94

I have found one of each of these guitars in a pawn shop.
    I would like to know if these guitars are worth buying? and what would be a good offer to make on them? They both appear to be in good condition minor wear etc...

JDR94 is H/S/H w/locking trim
    JDX94 is H/S/S w/locking trim

These were made in japan I believe and all I have been able to find out is they were not bad guitars. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Any ideas on how to explain why the rents going to be late??

Re: JDR94 & JDX94

The JDX-94 has a string-thru fixed bridge sort of like a Tele, so you must have seen a JSX-94. Anyway, they are good guitars in my opinion. I have three JDXs (because I like the fixed bridge) and they are all real workhorses with necks even more comfortable than my other Jacksons. I don't know how the quality of the trem is on the models you saw. The Concept models were the predecessors to the Performers, which a lot of people didn't care for, yet the Concepts seem to get better reviews. Maybe some minor detail was changed, I don't know.
    sigpic

Comment

I have a JSX-94 that is my main axe. Its a fantastic guitar, plays great, stays in tune, intonates perfect, and has a thin neck which I prefer. I paid only $200 for it at a pawn shop in Texas. Best $200 I ever spent. The J-series Jacksons are great guitars at an affordable price. I predict the value of the concepts will eventually start rising. My advice, buy 'em both!

Comment

The other night, we played with a thrash/speed metal band called Human A.D., and one of the guitarists was using a Concept JRR-94, the string-thru Rhoads model. His was totally stock, and was just running through one of those "compact" Crate half-stacks, but he had some serious shredding going on. The only inconsistency I've found with the Concepts is that some had raw maple necks, and others were clearcoated.
        sigpic

Comment

I have a JDR94, and apart from the pickups, it's pretty nice. The trem feels better than the ones on newer Jacksons, and it also seems to be a lot sturdier - the saddles on my DK2's JT580LP collected rust and broke strings after just one year, even though I took pretty good care of it, whereas the trem on the JDR doesn't show any signs of such wear.
          As Inazone said, it's pretty much of a workhorse guitar - they play nicely, feel okay and sound okay. By no means a USA Select Series, but not a piece of firewood either.
          I paid 120€/150$ for it.

Comment

I have a JRR-94. The pickups are amazing. The rosewood fretboard is really nice. The neck is raw. My only complaint is the fret ends are rough.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I may just have to go se what kind of deal I can Make. These have been on the wall in this shop for 4 months that I know of.

Comment

Baum83, can you show some pics of your JDR-94, since I've won a JDR-94 Concept Dinky Reverse on eBay???

Comment

I've got them on the other hard disk... so sorry, but not any time soon [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The JDR-94 looks the same as the PS-4 Performer.
                    sigpic

Comment

Inazone, yeah I know that, since the PS-4 is basically a JDR-94 Concept Dinky anyway...

Comment

Not only that, but Jackson didn't even change the catalog pic for the first year or two of the Performers. The PS-4 pic still had the Concept headstock logo and JDR-94 truss rod cover!
                        sigpic

Comment

Inazone, how good is the JDR-94 as far as playability, sound, feel, tone, etcetera???

Comment

Sorry, you'll have to ask someone else about the JDR, as I only have the JDXs. I like the feel of the import reversed necks, and I always found the import Jackson pickups of that era to be good for rhythm, although a little "scratchy" and lacking string definition for solos.
                            sigpic

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Inazone, how good is the JDR-94 as far as playability, sound, feel, tone, etcetera???

[/ QUOTE ]

They're nice bolt on imports. Trems are better than the JT580LPs, the pickups aren't really that exciting though. Plays kind of like my DK2, has a typical Jackson neck.

Comment

Working...
                              X