Just bought another Jackson!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought another Jackson!

I just bought a DKMGTFF on Saturday for Guitar Center. They had to order it from Jackson/Fender and it should arrive in two weeks. It was between this and the SLSMG and I decided on the DKMGTFF. The soloist is nice but I just preferreed the dinky as far as looks, tone and feel. I think I'll see how the HZ's do for a while, not sure if I'll swap them yet or not. Should look great next to my PS3T. I'll send pics when it comes in.

BTW I paid $650 + tax.
    Check my Jackson themed Myspace page, hear some good metal, and check out a little shred fest by me.

http://www.myspace.com/joblo1978

Re: Just bought another Jackson!

The HZs are great JMO.Give them a good 30 days and I'll bet you leave them in there.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I just bought a DKMGTFF on Saturday for Guitar Center. They had to order it from Jackson/Fender and it should arrive in two weeks. It was between this and the SLSMG and I decided on the DKMGTFF. The soloist is nice but I just preferreed the dinky as far as looks, tone and feel. I think I'll see how the HZ's do for a while, not sure if I'll swap them yet or not. Should look great next to my PS3T. I'll send pics when it comes in.

BTW I paid $650 + tax.

[/ QUOTE ]
      Cool! I have a DKMGTFF also. You'll love it. The HZ's aren't bad at all. The active boost is O.K. Some like it, some don't. Out of curiosity, did your price include a HSC?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]

BTW I paid $650 + tax.

[/ QUOTE ]
        Cool! I have a DKMGTFF also. You'll love it. The HZ's aren't bad at all. The active boost is O.K. Some like it, some don't. Out of curiosity, did your price include a HSC?

[/ QUOTE ]

No it didn't, but the dude at GC said maybe he would slip me a free one from the back. I'll see how it goes though.

It did include a free setup though for sure.

I've played one already and really like the DKMG series. The floyded one was really sweet but I didn't want one on my next guitar. Having the flames on there was a bit trippy and will probably take some getting used to. Anybody got pics of the DKMGTFF's? Had any problems with them yet?
        Check my Jackson themed Myspace page, hear some good metal, and check out a little shred fest by me.

Comment

It took a little getting used to but it's not too distracting. Here's a pic of mine.

Comment

i don't think i could ever stand to loo kat that inlay.. i just wouldn't know what fret i'm on.. LOL

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              i don't think i could ever stand to loo kat that inlay.. i just wouldn't know what fret i'm on.. LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

If you look, the 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, etc. etc. flames are taller than the other ones. Plus, you still got the dots at the top you can use. Thanks for that pic dude! Can you recommend a good case?

I thought one of those ones in MF that are shaped like coffins would be cool.

Comment

Mine is a Jackson Dinky case. I don't know the model number. I would think the coffin cases would have too much room for movement inside, but I haven't used one.

Comment

nice

cheers

Comment

Coffin makes a strat shaped case, I don't know if the Dinky body is small enough to make for lots of movement...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      It took a little getting used to but it's not too distracting. Here's a pic of mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

The inlays of HELL!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X