Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion Pros made in 1999?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3744936767

I know it's not in Efraid - there's no real question it's a Jackson [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this serial number (901247) would have to be a 1999, correct? Then again, it can't be, because most of the Pro series bolt-on serials were given the "96" prefix, and then some were given 97 and 98 and 99 numbers (along with Satin Chrome hardware IIRC) in the following years, as well as removing the "Professional" logo, not to mention fins, ebony, and binding. Not to mention it looks like a Fusion.

It can't be a 1990-95, because those generally followed the USA serialization (001247 would be 1990, 501247 would be 1995, 961247 would be 1996, etc) - or is this the part where we find out import bolt-ons cannot be dated unless they're 96 and up? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Fusion Pros made in 1999?

I have no clue about import serial numbers, but I'm pretty damn sure that they only made pro's with the same USA quality in the early 90's. I'd say 90 - 93. Nice ax btw. I had the exact same model and color.

Jim
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Why would that be made in '99? My Fusion Plus's serial is 929327. It's exactly like the Fusion Plus in the '92 catalogue. I don't recall ever seeing any imports of that period with a 00XXXX serial, or a 50XXXX for that matter. When (and how) did they follow the US serialization?
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Are you going to bid on this guitar Newc?

Comment

Depends on when the Reserve is Met [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

As for when the import bolt-ons followed the USA bolt-on numbers, I'd have to say that I really CAN'T say [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Musta been having a brain fart - I know the neckthrough numbers followed the USA numbers, but now that I think about it (and ain't dog-tired from a long night at work like I was when I posted this), I've not really kept up with import bolt on numbers beyond the "96" thing [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I think we need to gather up an Import Serial Number Chart like was done for the Import Charvels.

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

i think it is a 1990s fusion. a friend of mine bought a fusion pro with the serial 91XXXX (should be a 1991) like shown in the catalogue.

Comment

That`s a sweet Fusion!! I owned and sold 2 USA Fusions, because I thought the necks were too thin, but I love the 24.75 scale and 9-42 or 9-46 strings, they bend very nicely. Jack.

Comment

I can't imagine my Fusions strung with 9s. But they are just about perfect with 10s. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Doesn't look like a fusion to me, the lower horn of a fusion is supposed to be scalloped.

My two cents
                  Fong

Comment

Check out how close together the pickups are, very fusiony...

Comment

I asked the guy to measure, and it's a Fusion.
                      The lower horn scallop is not an automatic guarantee that it's a Fusion, but the mini-toggle between the knobs USUALLY is (there may be at least one or two examples out there somewhere with a factory or after-market Fusion-style mid-sweep/mini-toggle mod).

Newc

Comment

Working...
                      X