Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird Ass Kelly I might go grab(What Is It!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Ass Kelly I might go grab(What Is It!!)

Ok, I saw this thing hanging up at guitar center. Here's the specs.

1. Flip Flop Purple body with 2 hums, Black jackson trem, 2 swtichs and I forgot what knobs it had. The purple will turn to blue in the light. I've never seen this color on an import before???

2. 24 fret, reverse head, sharks, with binding. Says professinal and I believe has the serial # stamped on the Head, started with 96 if I'm not mistaking.

Now what the hell is it. I love the color on it, and it has a JB I believe in the Bridge already. They want $299 for it but I'm gonna try to low ball them, as it has some buckle rash on it, and some paint coming off on the points.
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Re: Weird Ass Kelly I might go grab(What Is It!!)

Sounds like a Kelly XLR. Should be only a volume knob and no tone with a three-way toggle switch. I had a black one that was pretty awesome, and serial was on the back of the headstock. They're bolt-on necks that don't have a neckplate.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ding. We have a winner. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

I'm still trying to find a color match on it though. I guess they have to hold it for a month after they take it in so it can't be sold till Sept 5, so I'll go down there next weekend and dick them down on it

Comment

No problem. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I believe there used to be one in that purplish color online at one time... might have been in the old MOAI pages. Maybe try doing a google search and check for Kelly XL and XLR. The XL is just regular sharkfins and headstock, the XLR is reverse sharkfins and headstock.

Also, I'm not sure if there's one in the archives on the Jackson site or if that was just custom shop pics only.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

For a purple it's a really awsome color, Kinda weird color for a kelly though. It played like butter too, The Jackson section happens to be right next to the crate section so I was able to hook it up to my amp and just bust out some cool riffs and it did its job.

Comment

Didn't kind a pic of the guitar but did find a pic of some Drunk chicks!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

sounds like the color is DMV, deep metallic violet. our former guitarist has a kelly xl with that color.

Comment

We want pics!!!!

R

Comment

DMV wasn't flip-flop, it was a Metallic/Sparkle. I don't think Purple Pavo was used for imports, and I don't think it was a flipper either. Could be a custom refin.

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hey Matt pavo purple was used on some imports the PS3T Rhoads, & the Kelly model in question, aslo The King V import that was out at the time the PS3T was introduced.
                    According To The Prophecy

Comment

I was thinking Pavo, so it might be that. anyone have a 96 catalog??

Comment

There is one in a pawn shop close to me.The paint is rough but it sounds great acousticly.The neck has MOP sharks/ binding 2 jackson hums and a JT-580lp in DMV.But I'm not dishing out $419.00 for it I offered $200.00 but maybe later when they get tired of looking at it.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

That's what this one is, they want $299, I offered 2 for it and they said no, so I'll see in a week or 2

Comment

I've got the 96 catalog. Pavo Purple ain't in it. There's no list showing what colors came with each model like in the other catalogs, but the color choices in the KE3 listing are Black, Deep Metallic Violet, Trans Voilet, Trans Black, and Trans Blue.

The only KE models listed in 96 are the KE3, KE4, and KE1. No Performers.

Newc
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Has to be deep metallic Violet.

Comment

Working...
                              X