SL3s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL3s?

$1499 list? for an import? Is it that good? What do they really sell for (internet prices)? for $1k it seems like I could get a nice used USA Jackson.

Re: SL3s?

Dealer cost is $562.00(USD) I got my SL3 Violin Brown with a Jackson case for 700.00 total out the door. I have seen them at Guitar Center for 799.00 However most I have personally seen online selling for about 1000-1100.00 And yes it is worth it IMHO. I love it. However, my favorite is my SLSMG Satin black (seems to have a smoother neck due to the satin black, no clue why) My SL3 would then be second choice. It is a little difficult to get really, really, really low action on it without a fret job. Without a fret job the action is a little under 1/8th height to the board at the 12th fret. Not bad. Better than some..... ALOT! It is an awesome guitar. Definately worth customizing, again, IMHO.

Hope that helps,
    Ronnie

Comment

I had one. It's a really good guitar if you can find one in the $5-600 range. You would be better off with an early 90's Soloist Pro. If you're gonna pay retail I'd hold out for a used USA. Hell, I just picked up a used SL1 for $550 a few weeks ago.

Comment

Wish I were you on the SL-1. Do you mind if I ask what color. The cheapest I have been able to find one new is 1350.00 (USD) However, it is black. I am not a big fan of black guitars. Maybe I'll buy it and have some custom paint work done. Do you see a big difference in playability between the SL-3 and the SL-1.

Comment

See this thread for pics and the whole story.
          link

The SL1 feels more solid and sounds better to my ears. It just has that mojo. Don't get me wrong, the SL3 is a good playing and sounding guitar...just not $1000 good in my opinion. You can find used SL1's in the $700-$900 range on Ebay all day long.

Comment

I'd say, read this

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...fpart=1#270823

Harrald

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Dealer cost is $562.00(USD) I got my SL3 Violin Brown with a Jackson case for 700.00 total out the door. I have seen them at Guitar Center for 799.00 However most I have personally seen online selling for about 1000-1100.00 And yes it is worth it IMHO. I love it. However, my favorite is my SLSMG Satin black (seems to have a smoother neck due to the satin black, no clue why) My SL3 would then be second choice. It is a little difficult to get really, really, really low action on it without a fret job. Without a fret job the action is a little under 1/8th height to the board at the 12th fret. Not bad. Better than some..... ALOT! It is an awesome guitar. Definately worth customizing, again, IMHO.

Hope that helps,
              Ronnie

[/ QUOTE ]

you wouldn't nesscessarily need a fret job, maybe just shims under the nut... much cheaper solution

Comment

Tried the shims (actually a couple biz cards) under the nut. I am able to get the action more even using a shim, but no any lower. Fret job was prob a strong statement... Actually what I meant is a couple of frets need to be adjusted(filed).... I am simply scared to do it. Never done it before. (EEK) I keep reading.. I'll work up the strength - lol. Gonna steel wool my neck tonight. Going to use blue painters tape to make the edge. Hope it works - lol. Eventually I have to get some pics of my jacks on here.

Thanks for the input and the link guys. I am starting to love this forum.

Comment

I've had an SL3, I've had a Model 6, and I have an SL2H.
                  the Sl3 is by far the cheapest made of the 3. You can find a nice Model 6 on EBay in the 350.-$500.00 range any day of the week. For the money you're talking about go get the Red 85 San dimas soloist that's on Ebay right now for $800.00. that would be the way to go! I thought I really liked my SL3 until I got my Model 6, then it was sold!
                  just my 2 cents
                  If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Working...
                  X