DXMG or a DK-2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXMG or a DK-2?

which of these two is the better built/sounding import?

Re: DXMG or a DK-2?

I would guess they are about the same except for the pickups, hardware colour and headstock.
    I personally prefer the hum/hum config of the DXMG put i also like the regular headstock on the dk-2 over the reversed one on the DXMG.
    The pickups "needs" to be replaced on both of them anyway imo.
    So just pick the one you like like the style/look of i would say.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I would guess they are about the same except for the pickups, hardware colour and headstock.
      I personally prefer the hum/hum config of the DXMG put i also like the regular headstock on the dk-2 over the reversed one on the DXMG.
      The pickups "needs" to be replaced on both of them anyway imo.
      So just pick the one you like like the style/look of i would say.

[/ QUOTE ]

I seen the necks dimensions are different from one another?
      i know they have the same bodies(alder) but on the jackson site the DXMG has a chunkier neck size ?
      are they built the same quality?

Comment

I think they are supposed to be the same quality, but if you can you should just go and try them yourself.

Comment

I disagree about the pickups. I love the EMG HZ's on my DXMG (which is a very very nice guitar for the money), they sound great! I guess they just fit my taste... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anders
          https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

The DXMG's have the better p'ups, but overall I think the DK2 is a better built guitar with a more solid feel to playing it.

Comment

I have a DXMG and its one of the best playing bolt-on guitars I've played (and I usually don't like bolt-ons at all). I am thinking about selling the axe though since I bought too much stuff over this summer. The one I bought had the HZ's switched out for dual EMG 81's and sounds really sweet.

Comment

Working...
              X