Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tekky's "Skully"

Tekky,
    Have some questions about your Jackson "Skully".

Is the truss rod adjustment done at the heel of the neck instead of the headstock?

You mentioned on your site that the guitar is very similar to your San Dimas Charvel, so what are the similarities.

And lastly, what is the nut size on that baby? R2 or R4?

Thanx
    Fong

Re: Tekky\'s \"Skully\"

Yes. The truss rod adj. is at the heel. (just like the SD Charvel) The similarities to it and my SD Charvel are primarily in the neck, they feel identical. Nut width, I'm not sure about at the moment. I'm installing a new pickup in her and she's apart. I'll take a look at it tonight.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

The nut is an R5.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

WOW!!! a R5 nut!! When did the Japanese start growing bigger hands or longer fingers?!

Fong

Comment

I'm not certain that the neck is an import. To be honest, I don't know what the guitar is. I was told it was a mutt. With the similar feel to my SD Charvel, this may possibly be a SD Neck. (I wouldn't bet the farm on it though)

All I know for certain is that Skully rocks!!

<center></center>
          Occupy JCF

Comment

That guitarkicks ass! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Nice!! That is a unique graphic.

Comment

That finish is so...EvIlllll!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

That finish is so...EvIlllll!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

the san dimas feel (esp. the strat heads with wide flat necks) has never really been duplicated to me...i know one immediately when i pick it up...d.m.
                    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Thats gotta be a one of a kind. Have you ever seen another one? Are you sure its not a custom shop. Sure looks like one to me. WOW. Had I known you had that I think I would have tried to convince you to take me to it. Ofcourse I would have needed a drool cup and a diaper.

Nice fuggin fiddle.

Comment

Sorry to say I've never had the pleasure of feeling a real San Dimas neck. What is it that makes the San Dimas Strat head neck unique, if you can describe it? I doubt it's just width and thickness, since those can be duplicated rather easily. I'm guessing it's the back profile shape - maybe asymmetrical or somewhat v-shaped? I'm guessing the oil finish adds a lot, too, and maybe rounded fretboard edges from years of use (like the rounded fretboard edges on the new Strats, perhaps)?

Comment

I've never seen another like her. However, I've thought about having her duplicated at the custom shop in another color.

The San Dimas necks are, as DM pointed out, wide (hence the R5 nut) and flat. The contour just seems to fit perfectly.

As far as it being a custom shop, I can't tell. Some jagoff/previous owner scratched out the S/N on the plate and stamped 007. The only thing I can be certain of is the year... 1990, it's in the signature on the graphic. I've shown the markings in the neck pocket (there are none on the neck) to Kevin Easton as well as posting them here when I bought it. (I'm sure the thread is still here somewhere) Nobody can really tell what it is.

So, I'm just happy to call her 'Mine'.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            The San Dimas necks are, as DM pointed out, wide (hence the R5 nut) and flat. The contour just seems to fit perfectly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm.. seems like the trademark for San Dimas neck is the the wideness. And i gather they were using R4 nuts back then.

But why does Lee @ GMW uses R2 nut for his Rock Replicas which many of the members here refer them feeling like the San Dimas necks. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Fong

Comment

Damn nice graphic. Wow, just WOW!

Comment

Working...
                              X