what is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is this?

hi. i don't have pics of this monstrosity (it is totally disassembled), but the description should be enough.

i just got an import Jackson from a local shop. it has the PC (sears) headstock, a rosewood board with the WIDE 12th fret dots. the body is dinky shaped, but it has a black pickguard with a hum-sing-sing configuration. the pickups have nothing on the bottom, but have jackson logos screened on the top. the body is a trans blue flame top with a swimming pool route underneath. it had a 6 bolt strat-sytle bridge when i bought it, but when i took it off it looks like it used to have a wilkinson bridge (?).

can anyone tell me what this is, and what the bridge is supposed to be? thanks.

mark <font color="red"> </font>
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Re: what is this?

Sounds like a PS-7. They did have the Wilkinson trem on them. Does it say Performer on the headstock?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

no. it just says Jackson. the head is plain maple and looks like my PC-1 head...actually, more like the charvel san dimas reissues (the 90's ones).
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

Hmm, maybe it's a later model PS-7 then. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] That's the only model I can think of with that headstock, pickguard and H/S/S configuration.

Comment

you're right. i did an internet search for PS-7, and a guitar like mine came up. thanks for your help!!
          GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Cool. No problem. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X