What are the new KE3s like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the new KE3s like?

I have a mid-1990s KE3, one with "Professional" on the headstock. I know the new ones are a little different than mine in that they have chrome hardware rather than black, and different pickups. But, what's the quality like? I played my own KE3 seriously for the first time in a LONG time (been too obsessed with the Shannon for the past several months [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) last night and DAMN, I forgot how easy it was to play and how acoustically LOUD it was unplugged and how toneful it sounded plugged in. I'm thinking about either trading the Shannon for a KE2 (I never thought I'd say that) or getting another KE3 for my arsenal, but none of the shops here have either Kelly model... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

It's just that the Kelly shape balances PERFECTLY when standing up, and I've been so used to it for over two years playing it sitting down too that I had grown to love it... what nosediving are you goofballs talking about? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: What are the new KE3s like?

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm thinking about either trading the Shannon for a KE2

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">THIS IS THE JCF POLICE...YOU ARE SURROUNDED.....COME OUT WITH YOUR HANDS UP AND STEP S L O W L Y AWAY FROM THE SHANNON....REPEAT...STEP AWAY FROM THE SHANNON!!

NOTP.....are you serious [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Dude...keep the Shannon bro...there were only 50 black ones dude....save up and get a KE2 from one of the dealers....you will hate yourself forever if you dump the Shannon

Just my opinion, but man, please think about that....they make KE2's every day...... </font>

Comment

dude, i'm with LPC.

Comment

JCF Pullice? (From Atomic Tommy's hot rod thread [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])

I'm really having balance issues when standing with double-cutaway types, for some reason or another. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Maybe it's because I've been playing my Kelly for so long... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ideally, I'd love to keep the Shannon, as it's been my main player ever since I got her in February, but then I picked up the KE3 last night and it felt like I was in love again!

In an even more ideal world, I'd have a USA Kelly shape built with the Shannon specs. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sorry for all the weird emotions lately, it's just that I've been struck with a bad case of GAS and I feel like I want EVERYTHING again! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'm trying to decide which gear to ditch and which to keep. I want to keep my arsenal at 5 guitars (3 electric, 2 acoustic) which is ideal, so it's all trades from here on.

Comment

NOTP...I'll give you my Kelly Pro cheap if you'll agree to keep the Shannon in your stable [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Seriously bro....there are only about 130 Shannon's known to exist, of which 50 were made in black......

I don't buy guitars necessarilly as "investments" as I'm a player, not a collector, but man, that thing will continue to increase in value as the years go by and become increasingly hard to obtain.

Please, reconsider this NOTP....I know what GAS is, trust me, but step back and evaluate this....

Just my opinion and said in friendship bro [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Time to scrounge up and do some trades and new purchases then! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-1 Shannon (How can I part with this after lusting for it for so long? I'd be stupid to do so!)
            -1 KE2 to replace the KE3, maybe
            -1 Custom Shop (undecided, but maybe a Kelly with Shannon specs plus a few alterations [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])
            -1 Taylor 810ce replacing my current 6 string acoustic
            -1 Taylor 855ce replacing my current 12 string acoustic

Yeah, there's my ideal collection right there. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Five guitars, all killer.

I can't believe I'm swayed this easily. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

can somebody please post a pic of one of these "shannons" imm sorry if i seem stupid but i dont think i have ever seen one. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] maybe i have but i cant remember it.
              please! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

matt

Comment

The Shannons are soloists Matt, made by Mike Shannon and signed by him.
                Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Matt, do a search for Shannon... you'll find my pics as well as NOTPs pics. Hmmm... LPC, have you posted pics of yours? What do you think of it so far?

NOTP.... What are you, nuts??? Dude, sell the KE3 and save up the difference to get a KE2... simple... Don't let that Shannon go! Hmmm... actually... I could always use another since it has different pups... On second thought... sure sell it... to me... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] J/K... I'm wanting a snow white SL1... reallly bad.... [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

<font color="yellow">I did take a pic of "the kids" last weekend, but it didn't come out too great.....I don't know if it was the lighting or what...I'll probably do more again this weekend.

I love the Shannon....it is awesome!! Great playability, sound, the neck profile is sawheet also [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

(L to R) Shannon Soloist, Jackson Dinky Strat, Les Paul Custom, and reverse headstock Soloist </font>

Comment

<font color="aqua">I see you've been taking picture lessons from the school of "toejam" ! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
                      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

<font color="yellow">Actually...Toey has a correspondence course available now....not too expensive either [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'm currently enrolled in the program....

I'll do more pics this weekend...I'll see if Mrs LPC will take them for me of the kids [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

There's a "School of Toejam" now? What, has he expanded his operations? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Hmmm... School of Toejam, now offering programs such as:

-How to wear a bro 101
                          -Home ec: beer and pizza is the nectar of the gods
                          -Advanced postwhoring
                          -And of course, the classic, photography!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

-How to wear a bro 101

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">I don't wanna know [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]

-How to wear a bro 101

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">I don't wanna know [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] <font color="aqua">I thought the SAME EXACT THING when I read that!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
                              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                              X