X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of import pics

Hi all,

Just wanted to share a couple of pics.

I just picked up a brand new KE3 last week, and today I decided to drop a Dimarzio Evolution that I had laying around in the bridge. You can't really tell in the pics, but the Kelly is a beautiful gloss black.

Here she is sitting with my Satin Black DK2

Both of these guitars kick ass !!!

Re: A couple of import pics

They are feakin sweet man!! I love the Satin Black color on the DK2 [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Congrats-Jack.

Comment

That's a classy duo! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Nice imports dude, I like the Satin Black too.

Comment

<font color="aqua">Very nice!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Man can I picture Black hardware on that DK2 [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Nice pair.

Comment

Groovy set of spades.
                I second the black hardware Idea.
                All hail the true metal God....Jesus. Where do you think metal came from anyway?

Comment

Can't go wrong with a black Dinky! Try some tape binding on the Kelly! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

...a la my thread where I decked out my Kelly:

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...=f7&amp;Words=

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

They look sharp, great looking in Black with chrome hardwares.
                      Nice set!
                      [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

NOTP,the binding is a cool idea! Where did you pick the pinstripiong up from?

Comment

NOTP wow the neck and headstock binding look sweet! Did you just keep the tape continuous or did you cut strips? Also how easy is it to remove quickly if you need to pull it up to keep it running parallel to the fretboard layer?

Comment

Read my thread, you'll see that I got the tape from Canadian Tire. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] But apparently, you can get similar tape from places like AutoZone or whatever. Different colors too... I wanted a yellowed white color (sort of like aged ivoroid) but that's a little farfetched so I just got regular white. I'm sure you can piss on it to make it yellowish if you so desire. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

For the RG560, I used three pieces of tape total: One for one side of the fretboard, one for the other side of the fretboard, and one for the headstock.

For the KE3, it was a little more complicated since I "doubled" the binding on that guitar. One piece for one side of the fretboard, one piece for the other side of the fretboard. Then one REALLY long piece of tape starting from the neck pickup, all the way up the neck parallel to the previous piece of tape there, past the locknut, completing the headstock, coming back down past the locknut on the other side, and all the way down the second side of the fretboard down to the neck pickup again. Now the KE3 looks like the current line of Jackson Pro Series imports that have binding on them. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

It's VERY easy to remove and correct if you tape it down wrong. I know I made many minor adjustments along the way to keep it parallel. I also used a clean towel to "press" the tape down hard onto the guitar to push out any air pockets that may have formed. The result is very thin and barely noticeable trim that doesn't affect your playability at all. Highly recommended!

Thanks for the compliments! I'm now going to tackle the next chapter in the JCF Turd Polisher's quest... ebonizing rosewood fretboards following mm2002's technique in that same thread. I will take before/after pictures, pictures during the process, and post everything in great detail in a new thread in the Tech Q&amp;A sub-forum when I'm done! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

wonder what they'd look like with a lil white pinstriping?

Comment

Working...
                              X