Some RR3 questions from a newbie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some RR3 questions from a newbie.

What`s up guys? My name is Eric and I`m new to your forum. I have some questions for you guys concerning the Jackson RR3. I`m considering buying one to add to my small but fully "metal" collection of guitars. I`ve always loved the Rhoads V style and think it would be a welcome addition to my collection. Anyway...

About the RR3. What I want to know straight up, is the quality high enough to buy into it. My plan is to drop some EMG`s(81 bridge, 60 neck)in it and have a custom diamond plate control cavity cover made. So I`m looking at about $300.00 in parts and labor and don`t want to be stroking a turd if you know what I mean. I`ve owned Jacksons in the past and the quality was high, but it`s been a while as I`ve been riding the ESP/LTD bandwagon lately. I`m not a brand snob, but the quality has got to be there. The guitar has to be worthy of the added investment.

So there you go. I guess I just had one question after all. Below is a list of my gear so you can see where I`m coming from gear wise. And thanks for any replies/help.

ESP/LTD EC-1000
    ESP/LTD Viper 1000
    Ibanez RG421
    Fender Esquire Custom Scorpion
    Carvin Custom "Bolt"

Peavey 5150 II
    Boogie "over-sized" Rect. 4x12

Digitech X-series flange, chorus, delay
    Dunlop Dimebag Custom wah

All hail the metal god....Jesus. Where do you think metal came from anyway?
    All hail the true metal God....Jesus. Where do you think metal came from anyway?

Re: Some RR3 questions from a newbie.

Yes the quality is good enough. I own one, and my only complaint is that the pick-ups don't have the gain of the USA's but that's t be expected, and they're decent enough for the price; that doesn't matter though if you plan on dropping EMG's in. Mine's in eerie dess, and it looks cool with the chrome. My only cosmetic complaint is the lack of binding. It was still worth what I paid.

Comment

For binding, follow this link:

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB7&Number=99127& amp;Forum=f7&Words="attack%20of%20the"&Sea rchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=99127&Search=t rue&where=bodysub&Name=39&daterange=1& amp;newerval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&o ldertype=&bodyprev=#Post99127

For the diamond plate pickguard, contact our very own Budman68 and he'll craft ya some wicked quality plates!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks guys. I appreciate the replies. I`ll definatly check with Budman68 on the diamond plate.
        All hail the true metal God....Jesus. Where do you think metal came from anyway?

Comment

Here are some RR3 (Randy Rhoads) reviews for ya' at Harmony Central:

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guita...oads-V-01.html

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            definatly

[/ QUOTE ]

We also have a spell check function here. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I already checked the Harmony Central reviews. I just wanted to come to some experts. You guys live, breath and **** Jackson so you would really know what`s what.

Damn I missed that misspelling. Oh well.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                For the diamond plate pickguard, contact our very own Budman68 and he'll craft ya some wicked quality plates!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Thank you sir! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

bzgtrmn, you have an email [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                </font>
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Got it budman. You`re website is pretty killer. I`ll give you a try when I get the RR3.

I can`t decide what I want to do to customize the RR3. Should I go with the trans blue RR3 with chrome diamond plate or maybe a black RR3 with the chrome diamond plate or white pearloid. Decisions, decisions.

Comment

I have one more question. Is the control cover plate flush mounted or surface mounted? I can`t tell from the pictures of the RR3.

Comment

Surface mounted

Comment

Working...
                      X