I'm getting a RR5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I\'m getting a RR5

Congrats! I owned an RR5 for a few days ('on loan' from Guitar Center, so to speak...). It was a very nice playing guitar that I only returned because the Rhoads body didn't really suit me.

My only suggestion would also be to replace the pickup bezels--but for the more practical reason that the pickups can't sit high enough in the regular bezels. The ones that come with the RR5 are designed for a recessed Floyd, not a guitar with a tune-o-matic bridge where the strings sit higher off the body.

Comment

I got it about an hour ago....Man it is awesome.
      After I get back from NJ I'll get some pics posted. Thanks for the info about the bezels. I will get them changed out. Wow Alex, I like it with the improvements. Great looking.
      Soon as we get the guitar paid down a bit, he's getting some new lights for his DJ/karaoke stuff that he's been wanting. Anyway I'm one happy camper right now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        The ones that come with the RR5 are designed for a recessed Floyd, not a guitar with a tune-o-matic bridge where the strings sit higher off the body.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is weird. One should think that the manufacturer of the product would know better. I have a Rhoads Pro (recessed Floyd) with factory installed slope-formed pickup rings. Those you use for non-recessed Floyd guitars [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Congrats.
          I`m glad I don`t have a husband, but I`d wish I had a wife like that!!
          Personally I like the RR5 in natural finish, you don`t see those very often. The gold hardware suits the natural finish most exelent I`d say.

Comment

cool story (:
            "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Working...
            X