Quick question about import soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question about import soloist

Import soloist, looks like ebony fb in pics, has piranha inlays and emg 81/85 pups.

Volume tone one looks like a push pull?
    5 way blade selector? Seems off to me?

6 digit stamped serial

Am I looking at a Japanese SLSMG? Cause if so I'm seriously tempted to buy it! Possible it's a different model with aftermarket pups?

So I looked around and apparently the slsmg had 3 way but it's a blade style? Which had me thinking it's a 5 way in the picture.
    Any info is appreciated.

It's for sale for 400$ Canadian and comes with the case and a Vox VT 40 amp included. Seems like a solid deal I'd like to jump on.
    Last edited by Heavymetal2000; 03-12-2019, 07:50 PM.

Without seeing photos, I'd bet it's an SLSMG just based on your description. If it has EMG-HZ pickups, it's pre-2006. If it has EMG-81/85, it's post-2006. How can you tell the switch is a 5-way rather than 3-way? A 5-way would be useless with EMG-81/85 because they are not splittable pickups. I'd imagine a push-pull pot is also rather useless with the EMG-81/85 because of their limited wiring options. A push-pull pot is useful if you have an EMG-89 because it's a two-in-one pickup (EMG-85 and EMG-SA) so you can switch between humbucking and single coil.

A visually similar model is the SLATTXMG3-6 but is distinguished by its lack of binding, and it has a 3-way toggle switch and rosewood fretboard. I've confused this with the SLSMG in dark photos before.

CAD$400 would be a great deal with the case and amp included. You could easily resell that amp to bring down the price of the guitar + case. In 2006 I missed a CAD$300 SLSMG in Montreal. https://www.jcfonline.com/threads/15...LSMG-(CAD-300) Here's another SLSMG that was part of a bundle at a killer price. https://www.jcfonline.com/threads/15...yper-(CAD-500)

Hotlink the photos from Facebook without giving away the ad. Or, PM me the link to the ad, and I'll confirm the guitar for you. I'm not going to steal your deal, we don't live in the same city and I have enough on the go guitar-wise as it is.
    Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 03-13-2019, 07:33 AM.

Comment

What I meant by the switch was that when I saw the blade style switch I assumed 5 way not thinking it could be a 3 way blade which is what the slsmg shows it having on the GI website.
      Where as both my other jacksons with 3 way toggles have the generic toggle (non blade style).

I'll link it. Looks like the neck has binding in the picks but the pics aren't the greatest. I'll PM you. May have to pass anyways as I didnt realize he was right in the city of Montreal. Not the outskirts of Quebec where a drive to pick up would be an option.

Comment

Working...
      X