Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson DK2M 1HRGF - Lockmeister install

Hi everyone,

After loads of strings breaking on the JT580LP, I'm swapping it for a Schaller Lockmeister. The stock trem never felt right, anyway.

From what I read on this forum, is a relatively easy swap.

But I never got what's the right block size. For a Dinky body, floating install it has to be the 32m block, and an R3 nut (which may need filing). Am I right on this?

Thanks in advance!

Fully recessed trem = 32mm
    Semi Recessed (650XL) = 37mm
    Non-Recessed (like top mount MIJ ProMods) = 42mm

Comment

Fully recessed. Thanks for the confirmation!

Comment

If in doubt, simply measure the length of your stock block.

Minor point of which to be aware, there are some odd block lengths that don't always conform to the 32/37/42mm classic triad. For example, the block on my 2009 KE3 (a guitar with a fully recessed trem) is stamped with a "34", and my So-Cals (guitars with non-recessed trems) have 40mm block lengths. Though, I don't believe it makes too much difference. Just get replacement block with the length that best matches your stock one and you should be fine.

Comment

Again, thanks!

Comment

So true on odd blocks. Kiesel/Carvin uses 34mm blocks on their Floyds because of their route. They are original floyds but the block is special to them size wise.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
              So true on odd blocks. Kiesel/Carvin uses 34mm blocks on their Floyds because of their route. They are original floyds but the block is special to them size wise.
              When did that happen? They used to use 37mm.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
              X