Rhoads Minion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhoads Minion

I am new to the forum, but a long time Jackson player. I just want to start a thread showing my progress building out my new Rhoads Minion and get some opinions, as I do not see anything on here about them.

The first mod is installing EMG HZ H4 and H3 that came in my SLSMG and adding 11 gauge strings.

I am going to see about adding a string tree as the high E string is precariously sitting in the nut slot and in danger of popping out. This is probably my biggest complaint with the guitar. For now, I have everything held in by a tight, but loose at the same time wire tie. It is working fine and has no effect on the tuning.

Other mods I am planning are:
    - Replace the crappy tuners
    - Replace the bridge
    - Maybe remove the tone knob and install and EMG Afterburner as the output is still low, probably due to the small body and inferior wood.

Otherwise, it is an awesome guitar, especially the looks. I got it as a 'B' stock at $130, so if I put $50-$100 extra into it, and it can be a fun, reliable player, I will be happy. It looks badass, especially with the EMG's in it. Let me know what everybody thinks and I would love to hear other people's stories if they have one too.

I will post pics when I figure out how to.
    Last edited by CB43FAN; 02-26-2019, 10:16 AM.

I'd probably get a bone nut cut. I've only ever had one well cut plastic nut from factory and that was on an Ibanez. lol

Besides, bone is far better for tuning stability in my experience.

You have to post pics on a site such as imgur and then copy the link here.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I actually did some work on the nut last night that helped a lot. I will eventually replace it though.

Thanks for the input and help.

https://imgur.com/a/Ke75hHF

Comment

Working...
      X