NGD RR24 Snow White w/ Black Bevels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD RR24 Snow White w/ Black Bevels

I picked up this Japanese RR24 Pro Rhoads two weekends ago. This guitar was on craigslist for awhile and I never thought much about it until I was looking around for a new guitar and I started to want a white Rhoads. I got it for $1050 CAD it is in great condition, came with a fitted SKB hard case, and I had to have it. This guitar is sick! Plays great and looks even better. It was hardly played and is basically brand new. The matching headstock just makes it! I was a bit leery at first because of the black binding and 1 hum but I'm glad I decided to pick it up because it is wicked to play.

I ordered a new trem arm because the one it came with keeps coming loose. I spent a lot of time trying to find a floyd arm because I like the plastic bushing that the FR special has as it doesn't loosen off whereas the one on this guitar's FR 1000 has a metal pin with a washer above it and there is no chance it will stay tight after one use. I also didn't want to use teflon tape. After doing some research the FR special is the only one with the plastic bushing and all the other trem arms have the metal pin... So FR special bar is on the way. I know it will work well but I was hoping the "higher end parts" would be better.

I am also planning to swap the EMG 81. I used to like them, but started to feel they were too compressed and had no dynamics because everything is boosted by the preamp. My first choice would be an SD Black Winter but they are a bit pricey new. There is a guy selling a Dimarzio Super 3 which seems like it would be pretty cool. More bass, less treble, but still high output, and the price is right. I have never tried Dimarzio so I think it'll be cool, and the EQ seems better to me than the Super Distortion (bass and treble are more equal) which everyone seems to like. Any other pickup suggestions? I play black/death metal and use a 5150 II on the red channel.

Here are the pics! Family shot at the end.

Last edited by gnarzan; 02-24-2019, 11:05 AM.
    2014 Jackson KEXMG - Gloss Black with Seymour Duncan Black winter
    Charvel Desolation Star DST-1 - Transparent Black
    Epiphone "1958" Korina Explorer - Ebony

Peavey 5150 II
    Peavey Valve King 4x12 Slant Cab

Nice Rhoads

Comment

Put in the Super 3 and it rips!

Peavey 5150 II

Comment

Great looking Rhoads and family shot!

Comment

Great score! Emg 57 is worth a try on that one.

Comment

Very nice! Always wanted an RR24.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Originally posted by Kisonen View Post
              Great score! Emg 57 is worth a try on that one.
              I checked EMG's sight for the 57. It seems kinda cool but I still don't think I'll go active. If there was one around it would have been easy to try before I took out the old wiring though.

Peavey 5150 II

Comment

I love all of them!!

Comment

Working...
                X