Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson KV PRO - Dave Mustaine Signature

Hi!

I recently bought a Jackson KV PRO - Dave Mustaine Signature and i am trying to restore it to its original shape.
    I believe its a 1993 model, i cannot check as i have yet to receive the guitar.

First question:

Regarding the thumb screws for the Kahler APM 3300. They are unfortunately missing from the guitar and when I look around there seem to be two different kinds of them. One flat version and one type with a slight dome. Does anyone know what i need?

Since they are missing from the guitar i have nothing to compare to.

Second question:

The guitar is loaded with Active EMG's..... and the original is a Bill Lawrence L500XL in the neck and a Jackson J92-C in the bridge.
    The Lawrence is easy to find but the Jackson J92-C seems rather impossible to find! Anyone know if there is a good equivalent for it? I was thinking of a JB as a replacement. I never heard the J92-C in action so i cannot tell if they are similar or not.

Rock on!

Too bad you're not getting any answers, but that should be a fine guitar, though.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I have a 94 Mustaine pro
      The pickup j92c is also known as jh-2. You will see it written on the back of the pup.
      I have scored 2 of them I needed for some restorations. They do not pop up to frequent. Good luck. Bay and verb along with our classifieds.
      For the trem parts I have attached a pick of my KvPro. Hope its helps you. Attach a pic so we can see it and curious what you grabbed it for.

https://imgur.com/a/aVHfOMs
      Last edited by Jackrippedv; 01-06-2019, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Thanks man! That does look like the flat thumb screws, i´ve also seen another guitar with those so now i am fairly confident i can order them without problems.
        Seven bucks a pop from whammyparts :/

Think you could measure the pickup rings? or are they just standard ones since none of the pickups have the pickup cover?

Comment

My cousin just picked it up, got some quick phone images from him. Apparently the seller did find 5/6 of the tuning screws
          I payed almost 900 bucks for the guitar, and that included shipping from Norway to Sweden. Think that was a good deal regarding that it is almost impossible to find in Sweden, i´ve only seen one other. Seems to be alot of scratches and gunk, but i think most can be polished away. I guess that's fair when in use by obscure Norwegian black metal bands

https://i.imgur.com/8847oqg.mp4

Comment

Congrats! So did "Wammi World" become "Whammy Parts"? I restored a few old Kahlers years ago and Wammi World was really good at the time about answering questions and providing OEM replacement parts. Not sure about Whammy Parts. They do appear to ship internationally.

https://www.whammyparts.com/contact-us

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Congrats! Seems like a good price. I’ve always loved the KV pros.
                "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Originally posted by Royale View Post
                  My cousin just picked it up, got some quick phone images from him. Apparently the seller did find 5/6 of the tuning screws
                  I payed almost 900 bucks for the guitar, and that included shipping from Norway to Sweden. Think that was a good deal regarding that it is almost impossible to find in Sweden, i´ve only seen one other. Seems to be alot of scratches and gunk, but i think most can be polished away. I guess that's fair when in use by obscure Norwegian black metal bands

https://i.imgur.com/8847oqg.mp4

Yes you got a good deal!
                  The pickup rings are standard size. I bought from whammy before. Luttle pricey but quality and hard to find items.
                  I have friends in Norway and Sweden. Take care of the Mustaine

Comment

Considering what you paid with shipping and I assume VAT, you did really well. Grats!

I wouldn't worry about restoring the pickups, just put what you want or keep the emgs.
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                    X