Does this neck exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this neck exist?

I had an idea for a new project and thought about using a Jackson neck, 22 frets, with reverse sharkfin inlays and a regular pointy headstock. I've been looking around and it seems the necks I've found with reverse inlays also have a reverse headstock. Was wondering if a production model exists with reverse inlays and a standard (non-reversed) headstock. Let me know if anyone has seen a Jackson neck like this or if I need to rethink some of the specs on my project. Thanks.

I think you need to rethink. Since most Jacksons are 24 frets you have only the bolt on rhoads and the JS Series in that short period where they added sharkfin inlays and before then shifted to 24 frets. They do exist on rhoads next thrus.

Comment

I think I saw this on a Kelly but it might have been 24 frets, no binding.

I love this look but it must be bound. Hence one more reason I love 750XLs, AT Pros, etc.

Comment

If you can find a 24 fret neck you can cut it down (save the binding). I cut down a 24 fret dk2 neck for a project and it worked perfectly

Comment

I could only suggest going through RR models.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Thanks for the input. Was thinking about a RR neck and was wondering if there was an older 90s model that might have had reversed inlays. So I'll keep looking around.

Comment

Don't recall ever seeing one myself. Maybe a neck from a reverse headstock left-handed guitar would work? *mind blown*

Comment

After looking around, I decided to make it easy and change my specs a little. I found a Charvel model 4 neck that will work since it has 22 frets and sharkfins. The model series necks are great for projects so I'm looking forward to pulling this guitar together. Will post some pics as it develops.

Comment

Working...
                X