Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another ID post :)

Hey everyone,

First time poster and first time Jackson owner. I'm mostly a Ibanez guy but I've always loved the Rhoads V shape. It's definitely not a guitar I would play often so when this popped up locally on Craigslist for $120, I decided to jump on it. I know its from 2008, built in India, and an entry level model for Rhoads (so the JS series I presume). I haven't found much searching through Reverb except for a more recent model that's similar but with a maple neck and reverse headstock. This match from eBay says it's a JS30FR so I want to confirm if that's correct. I haven't found it in the old Jackson catalogs.

Somewhat related, I'd like to get a case for it but I'm not finding them in stock locally (and I'm in the Seattle area). I've done some reading and there's mixed reviews on Rhoads models fitting the Jackson branded (and SKB branded) V cases. If anyone has some experience with which case to order for this model, I'd be grateful.

I am going to be modding it slightly. I know there's an argument to be had for just spending more upfront for a better model than buying cheap & upgrading components but there's nothing wrong with learning to do some things yourself rather than paying someone else to do it. Plus, if I royally screw up, I haven't invested a ton. Anyways, the current Floyd is junk (the arm has too much wiggle & slop inside the hole) so I've bought a replacement Floyd from a 2015 Jackson JS model to replace it. Also, I'm going to swap the pickups out for so Dimarzios- Super Distortion for the bridge and a PAF Joe for the neck.

Steve

According to this older thread (https://www.jcfonline.com/threads/91...ies-red-bevels) it's a JS30RRF or JS30RRFR (a non-catalog guitar).

Comment

Thank you. I was wondering if it might have been a Guitar Center exclusive like that thread mentions. The Dimarzios arrived this afternoon and are now installed along with the newer trem!

Comment

Working...
      X