New Guy New Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy New Jackson

HI my 1st post here,but a longtime Jackson-Charvel guitar lover and past/present owner.
    I bought a new Jackson Soloist SL2Q in the Transparent blue about 3 weeks ago and love it,it did come with the SD SH-6 Mayhem set but the bridge pickup had so much bass I yanked it and put in a new Black Winter pickup and now its just plain awesome.
    I play it through my EVH 5150-3 50watt head and matching 2-12" and my new PRS MT-15 amp head..overall just happy to come back to Jacksons since I started with them in about 1985,and now looks like I will be staying with them from here on out..so nice to find a forum about these great guitars,I have read and heard some people knocking some of the newer imports but man my SLQ2 came perfect with zero flaws,and its my main guitar over my 5 other guitars..its an Indonesian made guitar but awesome !!
    Glad to be here and back with Jackson(s) guitars !
    Last edited by moshpit903; 11-08-2018, 11:10 AM.

Welcome.
    Fact is: The post-Japanese Pro models from Mexico and Indonesia have better specs than their earlier models in some cases. DK2's for example now offer ebony boards and the FRT series tremolos, which most would agree are far superior to the old JT580LP tremolos.

The other fact is: More duds are unquestionably getting through, but there are plenty of fantastically built guitars getting through, too.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Welcome and grats! I have 2 Indo Soloists and they are fantastic: SLX & SL2P MAH. My only very minor gripe would be on the plastic rear cavity panels: they just don't look or feel right on a Jackson. I replaced them with anodized aluminum plates immediately. I did upgrade the pups on my SLX to a JB / Jazz set, but I have to say the Duncan Designs weren't bad at all. The direct mounted TB-6 & SH-6n on my SL2P are perfect as is. I also put allen key holders on both guitars. Playability wise, both of them were winners right out of the box (literally). And, yeah, obviously I had to get cases for them. Still, considering what I paid for these guys, it's the best money I ever spent.

Comment

Agree. I picked up the same last summer. Sl2Q MAH in trans blue. Just a stellar guitar all around.

Comment

Working...
        X