new Jackson day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Jackson day

I happen to be at the local GC today and I really wasn't looking to buy another guitar but I wound up leaving with a Jackson Rhoads JS32RM Special Edition Black w/Red Bevel and Red Jackson logo, Reverse Headstock.

Got it home and I'm going over it and looking it up online and see Musicians Friend has the same guitar but the one in the images has a battery box on the back... read the specs and it says passive pickups...we all know passives do not use batteries...and the images other than the battery box match the guitar I bought, as do the specs...interesting....

I've never seen an active version offered. Oh well, I like the one I bought...but I'll be adding upgraded hardware shortly...I've got some Floyd toys to add to it being these basically have specials in them...but while I was checking it out I noticed they give you and actual chrome nickle plated 32mm FR sustain block instead of pot metal...way to go Jackson! So, I'm just gonna throw the Titanium sting lock blocks & Hollow Point intonation System I have on hand in this thing as well as a set of the Stainless steel saddle screws. I know the Specials have zinc saddles so a set of replacement steel saddles will be ordered.

I got the rear cavity cover off and it has a copper claw, it's a bolt-on neck, not a big deal there I like those as well, Jackson diecast tuners, Maple neck w/scarf joint, the body is basswood, the black sharkfin inlays are plastic, jumbo 24 frets, black bound neck & headstock. You've got a master vol and tone plus 3 way selector switch and Jackson passive pups...for the money, I don't see how anyone could complain you're in business at $400 bucks.

I noticed MF claims they are made in Indonesia, while the one I got from GC says made in China right on the neck plate... I usually frown on China and don't own any other instruments made there...but this one they actually did a good job on it. So, score a new Jackson today.

This will make a great player for yrs to come and save me from playing my more collectible models.

Until I can get some good pics here is the one available from MF.
    https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...%20js&index=20
    \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

I was looking through the 2015-18 catalogs and noticed this Rhoads model is not listed in the JS Rhoads Series section of the catalog... are these exclusive to Guitar Center and Musicians Friend?
    \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

They were a dealer run and Chinese made.
      First 2 digits is the year....ex:15xxxxx-2015.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Yep, from what I remember, a run for MF/GC.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
        X