Problem with getting intonation with Jackson Pro RR24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with getting intonation with Jackson Pro RR24

I seem to be having wierd problem with my guitar. I have managed to get the intonation literally perfectly on all the other strings on my guitar, but lowest (56-C) won't seemt to work with me.
    What makes it difficult is that strings is in perfect intonation on 12 fret and when played free. But frets from 1-5 are considerably sharp, at least 10-15 cents. I have literally tried every trick i know to make it better but only way that i have managed is to tune the string a bit flat, maybe -5 cents. Then the frets from 1-5 are getting closer to where they are suppose to be, but they are still off.

Strings are already quite low and i even took the guitar to tech, but even he couldnt figure out what the problem is. I just bought 60. string which i will try later on and maybe try to change the 56. to other 56 string if the string might be faulty. Other than that, i have no idea what to do anymore with it. Should start recording soon, so i need to get it fixed. Strings are of course new and all the other adjusmenst are in balanace in guitar.

I will be thankfull for any help anyone can give.

Guitar: Jackson RR24 Pro, made in Indonesia
    Tuning: Drop C
    Gauge; 11-56
    Strings: Daddario
    Springs: 5

Thick strings often have issues with intonation, which is why that crowd has started using fanned frets.

If the guitar can be intonated properly with something like a 42 tuned to E , than the problem is the string gauge not the guitar.

Comment

Working...
    X