Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identifying a supposed Dinky MIJ

Hello everybody,

I'm looking to change my guitar and I stumbled upon this Jackson. From the serial number I can tell it's a Japanese made Jackson from 1996. The EMG mic is not the original one. After some research, I found it could be a Dinky DK3, but I'm not sure since I don't know anything about Jacksons.

It could also be a Performer, but it doesn't say so in the headstock and the inlays are not the same.

I'd also like to know if anyone has experience with these old Jackson licensed Floyd Roses and how good they are, since this would be my first FR.

Thank you very much.

Guitar:
    http://imgur.com/gallery/OjDbBjc

Definitely fake. Looks like there is some kind of factory in China that makes Jackson copies with that holographic logo and wrong head proportions, I've seen quite a few of similar fakes since 2008-2009.

Comment

I was fearing that. Thank you very much!

Comment

I think the only thing authentic about this guitar is the EMG bridge pickup. The logo on the pickup cover looks correct for an older EMG.

Comment

The body is a Korean built PS-4, right down to the POS JT-500 trem. The funky electronics cavity route is very unique to those guitars.
          The neck is a fake. The neck plate is from god knows what guitar, but not from this one.

Last edited by rjohnstone; 09-07-2018, 11:49 AM.
          -Rick

Comment

Working...
          X