Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which replacement tuning keys will match the screw pattern for my JS11?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which replacement tuning keys will match the screw pattern for my JS11?

I assume they are standard 10mm fit for the holes, but are there some companies that put out some keys that will align with the screw hole the Jackson tuning keys have? Or at least cover up the hole?

thanks in advance

These will fit https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Wilkins...EAAOSwrXdatY3d

Comment

i'm looking for the same but for a jackson professional from 94 ... in your case, what is the distance between center of axis (circle) and center of screwhole? 11mm? 10mm?

here I explain graphically:
      https://www.jcfonline.com/threads/15...lp-with-tuners
      Last edited by yuri_1973; 08-20-2018, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mirrorboy View Post
        Thanks for the link, but at that price would they be any better than the stock ones?

I found someone on Ebay selling old tuners from MIJ Jacksons of old for pretty cheap.

Comment

They are locking tuners so that means less string wrapped around the post. I fitted the cheapest unbranded locking tuners to two Jacksons and that improved tuning stability before using the nut lube.

Those tuners in the link are Wilkinson brand which seems to have a good reputation for quality on a budget.

Comment

Gotoh SG381's are a direct swap, and if you order new Jackson tuners you'll get Gotoh made, Jackson logo'd tuners that are also a direct swap.

The current tuners are probably Korean made Jin Ho's.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

The MIJ Jackson ones from Ebay fit nice.

Comment

Working...
              X