Newbie - Need help with stars ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie - Need help with stars ID

Hello. I stumbled on this guitar over the weekend and am finding little information and even some conflicting information about it. I am guessing that because I am new to this site I can not post a pic, I know a pic would be helpful - I'll do my best to describe. It's a Rhoads / Concorde body, Black in color with bright yellow around face edge, gold tremolo & tuners. Head stock is same black color with Jackson Stars script, tuners all say Jackson stars on them. It's a neck thru, 24 fret, EMG-HZ pick up, Schaller tremolo with Licensed under Floyd Rose patent cast into it. This guitar is original / un modified. I'm aware of how Jackson stars came to be and that it was intended for the Japan market. It was sold to me as, and I have seen this guitar labeled a RR J2SP, but have seen it labeled an RR 24 and have seen some similar looking (green or red trim) under signature names (Kevin Bond for example) Serial number doesn't seem to correspond with what is on Jackson's web site.

This link is to a pick of one just like it - https://en.audiofanzine.com/v-xpl-fb...,m.193172.html

Any help greatly appreciated. - Thanks

Pics from old japanese site. You can notice EMG PA2 booster in stock configuration.
    First 2 digits of s/n indicate year of manufacture.

Comment

Wow are they nice!!

Comment

That bottom one is it. First two digits of serial number are 06, Does that mean it's a 2006 year model? I have read elsewhere that on imports with 6 digit serial numbers that the first number identified the model year so I originally thought it was a 2000. The Pa2 booster is in place as is everything else. The person I bought it from did not play guitar so it is absolutely un touched. Even has the peel off protective plastic film on the access panels on the back still on it and had the original mitsubishi battery in place.

Thank you for the pic, that confirms ID. Now wondering if not a lot of these were made. I have found very little information about them searching on line. Many of the pics I have found call it an RR24. Also have notice that on some of the pics I have found, the shark fin inlay are backwards to mine (mine is like above pic)

Feeling fortunate to have found this guitar.

Comment

The first digit was only the year on 1990-95 models and a handful of later '90s models. I'm not overly familiar with the STARS serials, but that number would indicate 2006 on a North American market neck thru model.

The STARS were only sold in Japan.
          The RR24 was for the world market. A small number of early RR24's had reverse shark fins, but most had regular fins.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Domestic GJ/JS guitars shared the same serial numbers as export ones (for a little exception*). So for the neck-thru they are: Jx12345 for 1990-1995, x12345 for 1995-1999, 0x1234 for 2000+, where x is the year of manufacture.

*Exception - 1990-1996 bolt-on Dinky guitars, where 9x1234 were 25,5 scale Dinky and x12345 were 24,75 Super Dinky (same as Fusion).

Comment

Working...
            X