Anyone play the new Mick Thomson sl2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone play the new Mick Thomson sl2?

Has any played one of these yet? I watched an interview with him talking about it having ultra thin neck recreated from his early 90's rr or kv. Is it really that thin? I dig the ebony board on the white body. The ahb-3 pickups are my favorite actives too. Looks like a sweet axe, I wish the headstock wasn't reverse though. Would you play it?

Here a video of him talking about. It's got a lot of really cool features. I think I'm going to pick one up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSjDaOWPaxc

Comment

Pretty cool looking. I don`t get the locking nut though and the body looks thinner and maybe a little smaller?

Comment

Yeah he could just put a TOM on it and a graphtech nut. I guess he likes the fine tuners. You're right the body does look a little thinner. I didn't notice that.

Comment

i have one , great guitar , the body is exactly the same size as a regular soloist , good weight . Mick loves the fine tuners and likes the added tuning stability of the locking nut, its rock solid . The neck is very thin and wide thinner than my usa sl2 . Fit and finish was OK not great i actually had to exchange my first one , overall very cool .

Comment

Originally posted by KBRR View Post
            i have one , great guitar , the body is exactly the same size as a regular soloist , good weight . Mick loves the fine tuners and likes the added tuning stability of the locking nut, its rock solid . The neck is very thin and wide thinner than my usa sl2 . Fit and finish was OK not great i actually had to exchange my first one , overall very cool .
            What was the issue you had with your first one? How are the frets?

I'm hoping they do a pro version of his black king v too.

Comment

Working...
            X