Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the new Import Jacksons any good?

Hey all.
    In light of how difficult it is to source a "Vintage" 90's Warrior...... or how expensive they are when you do find one..... I am facing the prospect of acquiring a more recent model.
    I am not 100% sure of the details exactly, but I need an opinion on the build quality, playability (If that's even a word) etc. of these guitars.

My two current Models (King V Std and Rhodes EX) are both 1990's MIJ, and are fantastic guitars.

Unfortunately, I doubt I will obtain a 90's Warrior.... so I am going to have to settle for a newer one.

Where are these manufactured?

Is it worth the $300 I am about to consider spending?

Thanks.

In the 2000s, there was the WRXT (X Series) and the WRMG (MG Series). Both were Japanese-made, the last of the Japanese-made Warriors. They're not uncommon on the used North American market, going for ballpark USD$300 (oftentimes less). Both are bolt-on.

The JS Series Warriors are made in China. Including the current JS32 Warrior and JS32T Warrior. Bolt-on.

The current product lineup (https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/shape/warrior) X Series and Pro Series Warriors are all neckthru, made by the Cort factory in Indonesia. I would not pay any more than AUD$300 for a used Indonesian X Series Warrior, if that's why you were mentioning your AUD$300 price limit. This price ballpark for me is based on my personal experience obtaining a used but mint condition 2016 Indonesian X Series SL3X Soloist for CAD$275, and we can use the easy rule of thumb that the Canadian Dollar is almost always on par with the Australian Dollar.
    Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 08-01-2018, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the information.
      I will not jump at the first one that comes along, but it is so tempting, as the Warrior has to be one of the sexiest guitars ever crafted!

Comment

Working...
      X