Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japan Warrior WRXT headstock logo color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japan Warrior WRXT headstock logo color?

Hi all,

I am restoring/upgrading a 2010 Warrior WRXT. The guitar has been stored in a case most of the time and has not been exposed to much sunlight at all over its lifetime.

Comparing the headstock to many photos I can find online, the Jackson logo on mine seems very yellow/cream colored whereas most of the photos I've found show it as a pure white.

I haven't paid close enough attention to know if it faded, or if it's meant to be cream colored. Any ideas please?

thank you very much

These silkscreened logos were always white.

Comment

Thank you very much for the info. I may refinish it then - looks like water transfers are available. Bizarre it'd have faded so badly without being exposed to sunlight.

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
      These silkscreened logos were always white.

Comment

Originally posted by Taymar View Post
        Bizarre it'd have faded so badly without being exposed to sunlight.
        It's done the opposite of fading, it's got darker - try leaving just the headstock in the sun for a while and see if that works

Comment

Can't hurt to try!

Comment

Clear coat has yellowed over time is the reason for creamish white logo. If you leave it in the sun it will yellow even more.

Comment

My two Jackson Professionals have been kept indoors, but both have yellowed over time.
              Looks pretty good, actually!

Comment

Working...
              X