Serial number help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial number help!

Looking at a lefty Jackson on eBay. Trying to find out if it’s a MIJ, and if possible what model. Bolt on Dinky, non reverse head stock. 24 fret with a H/S/S configuration and Duncan pups. Solid black. Jackson branded Floyd. Serial number: 9834936. Some say it’s a 98 and some say 07-08. But no one can say what model or grade it is. Thanks in advance. And I’m trying to figure out how to load pics from my phone.

Likely a 2006-2011 DK2. 7-digit serial number indicates Japanese.

Easiest way is to link the eBay ad itself which has the photos in it. Nobody here is going to steal your auction. Trickier on your phone will be to copy the hyperlinks of each photo and paste them here, which will protect your eBay auction from anyone who might snipe it from under you. But either way, if we see the pics, we may still be able to find the auction itself by searching the same pics on eBay, but again, nobody is going to steal your auction.

Comment

Not worried about anyone stealing it from under me. Do people do that? Haha. Let’s see if this works. https://m.ebay.com/itm/LEFT-HANDE-MA...-/232847669817

Comment

OK I was correct, 2006-2011 Japanese DK2. Decent price; you wouldn't be overpaying if you bought it at that price, and I can understand a lefty might be harder to find and you might not have a ton of patience to wait for better-priced lefty guitars. Seller describes "many nicks, scratches, and dings" but they must be too minuscule to show up on camera.

The case might be a TKL 8530. I've owned one. It's not a form-fitting case so I hope the seller packs the guitar properly inside the case, otherwise the guitar is going to shift around during shipping, which is a high damage risk.

Personally, for local specimens I want to pursue, normally I keep quiet about them until they're in my possession. Can't run the risk of overpaying due to a bidding war or overexposure causing high demand. I'm somewhat hardcore and paranoid about my deal hunting.

Comment

Awesome thank you for the help. I’m new to the jackson world. Is it probably an alder body? Any idea what Duncan pups?

Comment

Alder body, yes.

If the pickups are left stock by the seller, they will be Duncan JB bridge, Duncan STK-1 middle/neck. These pickups were in DK2s from 2006-2011. Prior to 2006, they were the Duncan Designed equivalents. So if you ask me to choose between two equally-priced DK2s, one of which is pre-2006 and the other post-2006, I'll choose the latter.

More specs can be found if you click here: https://www.jacksonguitars.com/suppo...hived-catalogs and click on the 2006 catalog, and scroll down near the end of the catalog to find the specification pages.
            Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 07-17-2018, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the help. And the fast response. Figured I’d be waiting a couple of days for a reply. I didn’t know they made Mark Morton’s signature all the way back in 06. If only they made a lefty version of that. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
              X