Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Professional Stealth HX help with tuners

Hi all,

I'd like to replace the tuners on my '94ish Stealth HX, and I'd like to ask if anyone knows about direct replacements for these.

I mainly ask because I've measured the distance between center of axis and center of screwhole, and it looks to be 10mm

I've looking at usual similar tuners, (gotoh, even modern jackson tuner kits I see on ebay) with the same screw placement (the so called "135º" or "5 o'clock"), BUT they all seem to be 11mm from screwhole to center of axis.

Any hints anyone?

Originally posted by yuri_1973 View Post
    Hi all,

I'd like to replace the tuners on my '94ish Stealth HX, and I'd like to ask if anyone knows about direct replacements for these.

I mainly ask because I've measured the distance between center of axis and center of screwhole, and it looks to be 10mm

I've looking at usual similar tuners, (gotoh, even modern jackson tuner kits I see on ebay) with the same screw placement (the so called "135º" or "5 o'clock"), BUT they all seem to be 11mm from screwhole to center of axis.

Any hints anyone?
    this is the distance I refer to:

Comment

no one knows?

Comment

I believe they're Gotoh.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          I believe they're Gotoh.
          thanks .... do you have of those on any of your guitars? are they 10mm or 11mm?

Comment

I don't know the size. I had a Dinky HX but sold it last year.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

They're 10mm.
              Gotoh SG381's are a direct swap, or new Jackson tuners, which are also Gotoh made will drop in.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                They're 10mm.
                Gotoh SG381's are a direct swap, or new Jackson tuners, which are also Gotoh made will drop in.
                I had already checked those Gotoh's, but in their spec sheet clearly states that this measurement is 11 mm (not 10 mm, hence no direct swap unless I'm missing something) ... see the diagram here:

g-gotoh.com/international/product/sg381.html

Comment

Yes, 11mm for that measurement. All my guitars, both USA and MIJ are the same. If there were smaller dimensions offered on earlier models I'm not aware of it.
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
                  X