ID'ing White Indian Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID'ing White Indian Soloist

Hey, everyone! First post here after searching online without any definitive info. I even tried calling Jackson, but they didn't have info on it due to Jackon's record-keeping.

I'm being offered a White Soloist with dual EMG humbuckers and a Floyd Rose (unsure it 100% Floyd or licensed). The serial number is 202932, but I wasn't able to find info with that 6 digit SN.

Besides the year and other spec info, what's a fair price for something like this?

Thanks in advance!

How thick is the body? Does it have white binding around the body, despite being white .

The lack of forearm contour leads me to believe this is an SLSXMG from the first couple years of the revamped X-series, circa 2012ish. I had one for a little bit. Played well, no real complaints there despite being made in India. The fretboard was a little rust-colored for my taste and I never liked the lack of forearm contour. It's sort of an archtop, but there's not much arch. It's also not as thin as the previous SLSs made in Japan. It's got a Floyd Rose Special, which is the cheaper version of a Floyd Rose, but still officially produced by Floyd Rose themselves rather than being licensed. The base plate on those is fine, but the saddles are zinc alloy and tend to crack. The advantage though, is that you can replace the saddles with OFR ones and it's a perfect fit. You can also replace the arm and receiver assembly with an OFR set and it'll work great.

These only lasted for a few years, but seemed fine to me. They have since moved the X-series to Indonesia and China.

Comment

Also, the locking nut pads are on the wrong way. I'm sure you knew that though!

These sold new for around $600-700, I think? I'd say ~$300-350 is a fair price if you like it and think it plays well.
      Last edited by groverj3; 05-02-2018, 05:42 PM.

Comment

That's a 7 digit serial for 2012, but the '1' is covered by the strings.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
        X