Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jt-580LP swap tonJt-590 Successful

1993 Rhoads Professional Standard Neck Thru
    Swapped out the Jt580 lp which was TAKEUCHI brand for Schaller Jackson Jt590
    Upgraded Saddles to OFR will longer bolts. Fits pocket perfect. The trem sits nice! Small little gap on the low E side as the jt580lp base plate was a little wider. Not a big difference. Pics to follow
    Last edited by Jackrippedv; 04-22-2018, 03:38 PM.

lets see it!

Comment

Jeez, I wouldn't have expected that to work. Nice that it did, though.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Trem swap jt590 - View on Imgur: https://m.imgur.com/a/OSQE9Wn

Comment

null - View on Imgur: https://m.imgur.com/a/75Di37Q

Comment

but that doesn't leave much room if you decide to ever intonate it.

Comment

The picture doesnt do justice. Theres room back there. Just enough. If I ever had to I can switch the lock bolts back

Comment

Wait, you put OFR string locks and saddles on a JT-590 baseplate?
                You're going to have issues with saddle alignment (I can already see it in the pics) and the fine tuners not sitting centered on the lock bolts properly.
                There's not supposed to be any play in there as the lock bolts need to be dead center under the fine tuners.
                -Rick

Comment

Intonation and playability spot on. Saddles perfect
                  Been banging on it for a week. Stays in tune perfectly!
                  Sounds great and def sustain increase. Glad it worked out.

Comment

[QUOTE=rjohnstone;1673683]Wait, you put OFR string locks and saddles on a JT-590 baseplate?
                    You're going to have issues with saddle alignment (I can already see it in the pics) and the fine tuners not sitting centered on the lock bolts properly.
                    There's not supposed to be any play in there as the lock bolts need to be dead center under the fine tuners.[/QUOTE
                    The 590 is schaller. The Saddles are Schaller Ofr's. And yes the tuners Do work on the lock bolts.
                    Last edited by Jackrippedv; 04-28-2018, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Both the OFR and the JT-590 are made by Schaller, but the parts are not 100% interchangeable between them.

The pic in the right shows the proper lock bolts required for a Schaller JT-590. No gap and the fine tuners are aligned dead center over the lock bolts.

You can see the gap on your trem on the left and that all of the saddles are pushed slightly to one side. This means they are not aligned straight with the the rest of the trem.
                      Yes, the fine tuners "work", but they're riding one side of the lock bolt, not dead center on it. This will cause uneven wear on the fine tuner over time.

-Rick

Comment

Kinda weird also that the distance between the string lock blocks and the back of the slot in the saddles do not get evenly get bigger from left to right with the smaller gauges of string?!

Comment

The Gap on the low E in the routing of the body it is evident. I even pointed that out. No big issue unless you have it in your face looking at it or zooming in on it. The saddles are tilted a bit. I see that. Going to do a realignment. It is in tune and stays there. Worked it hard all week. Yes the tuners are fine no issues. Contact is there.
                          Also talked to Floyd tech the saddles are the same. The only thing I did differently was the new Ofr lock bolts not reusing the orignals which I have.
                          Did it that way to close the gap in the back of the trem route. The tuners are still making contact to fine tune.
                          Thanks for pointing out the saddles were slanted. Getting it realigned.

I do have the orignal 590 lock bolts if I decied to switch them back.
                          Last edited by Jackrippedv; 04-30-2018, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Wanted to post an updated pic of the realigned trem. Perfect no issues. 100% compatable. Ofr saddles and Schaller Floyd jt590 base plate.
                            https://imgur.com/a/wxJ5kqY

Comment

Working...
                            X