J-92c pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J-92c pickup

Trying to find a j-92c with the Jackson logo on it for a resto. Impossible to find. This pickup in my opinion is the best shredder for metal. Very responsive and clean crunchy.
    Anyone have any other outlets for me to check besides here the bay and the verb?
    Ty

Is that the one with the fat rails like a DiMarzio X2N?

Comment

It is probably easier to find and buy one of the guitars they came with originally since they seem to be quite rare.

Here is a list where you can check which models had them.
      http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/jack...ofessional.php

The one with rails was J-85 i think.
      Last edited by ed; 04-16-2018, 08:37 AM.

Comment

The thought crossed my mind to buy another with one in it. I have one sitting in another pro but dont want to steal from it.
        Can grab another pro but the justification is huge or a pickup
        Hopefully one pops up. Yes the rail pickup is the Lawrence neck pickup
        Ty guys
        Last edited by Jackrippedv; 04-16-2018, 08:46 PM.

Comment

I believe what you're looking for says JH-2 and not J-92. Myself and another member here determined awhile ago that anything that was supposed to have a J92 has only come with what is marked as JH2. I've got one laying around here that came out of a Kelly XLR.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

20180417_091809.jpg20180417_091850.jpg

Comment

I read from somewhere that the J-92c was made in usa and the JH-2 was the same pickup but made in Japan. Dont know if this is true. Also i read from other place that the JH-2 was the factory code for J-92C. But who knows.

Comment

I was actually just thinking of that, that it might be going from the USA pickups to Japanese. Has anyone actually seen a pickup with the J92 label on it?

Comment

I seen the jh-2 for sale. Wonder if what you say might be true. Who knows..anyway to confirm? I know Henrik at Audiozone is versed on these guitars. Email him but no responce. I guess I would have to yank one out of my Mustaine or King v pro standard. They have the j92c.
                  Next setup I will pull it.
                  Or if anyone has one for quick reference?
                  Any suggestions is appericated!
                  Jammed on the Mustaine again tonight and man the j92c is the real deal. I have tons of Dimarizo in my Jems and Voyagers. Some Seymours in other Jacksons but j92c trumps them all for clean metal crunch!

Comment

saw this... https://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-Jac...8AAOSwytxZ3ZT1
                    A few Charvels, a bunch of Jacksons, JVM full stack, valve king half stack and an 4000 watt PA for a home stereo, my neighbors love me....

Comment

Ty bub

Comment

Toejam, I used to buy J92C-labeled pups from a place in Grand Island NY to put in my guitars back in the mid 90s. So they're out there! Wish I woulda kept them lol. Killer pickups.
                        - Adam

Comment

Stellar pickups!

Comment

Originally posted by adoxtater View Post
                            Toejam, I used to buy J92C-labeled pups from a place in Grand Island NY to put in my guitars back in the mid 90s. So they're out there! Wish I woulda kept them lol. Killer pickups.
                            Nice. Guess they're the USA ones and the JH-2 is the import version. I'll sell my JH-2 if anyone wants, as I've got no use for it.

Comment

I have 2 v's that have j92c's. Will have to pull the pup and take pic of the backside to get def answer.

Comment

Working...
                              X