DKMG Neck questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DKMG Neck questions

I have a number of guitar parts just floatin around this house, and I've decided to parts together another Jackson. I have a DKMG neck, and its pretty cool, unique from the others. I know this neck would have an archtop body, which I dont have. I've briefly mocked it up on an old dinky body that I have it looks like there is an effing mile between the binding and the body. So, my questions:

1) Does this neck have to go on an archtop?

2) If yes, what other Jackson archtop bodies will work, should I not be able to find a DKMG body? I do not want to go with a place like warmoth blah blah, Ill buy a new whole guitar before I buy one of those.

We dont have to address the 24 fret/ Floyd thing. I'm well aware of that part.

I really appreciate any help. I'm trying to search around the forum as well.

It should work on any jackson body with a 2.25" neck pocket. Ive put together lots of jackson mutts and never had a problem besides pocket width.

Comment

1) No

2) ...

What you do need to know is 24 fret neck with 24 fret bodies, and 22 fret necks with 22 fret bodies.

I had a 24 fret 24.75" scale Fusion neck that came on a PS3T (Kelly) body 24 frets and 25.5" scale. It worked fine even though the scales were off.

Comment

Thanks guys. I found a thread where someone put a DKMG neck on a Dk2m body and it worked out beautifully. So, I did what I should have done first, and measured it against my Dk1. Same thing. I guess its actually the neck pocket depth on the body I have that is presenting the problem.

Comment

I think you should just send it to me. My crimson swirl kelly needs a neck and that would look sweet. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
            I think you should just send it to me. My crimson swirl kelly needs a neck and that would look sweet. LOL.
            Reverse kelly

The crimson swirl would make it!
            2014 Jackson KEXMG - Gloss Black with Seymour Duncan Black winter
            Charvel Desolation Star DST-1 - Transparent Black
            Epiphone "1958" Korina Explorer - Ebony

Peavey 5150 II
            Peavey Valve King 4x12 Slant Cab

Comment

I had a DK2T neck on a DKMGT without issue.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
              X