Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 Jackson Rhoads Pro

Hello all,
    Looking to get my Pro back to stock. The J50M is impossible to find. What do you recommend to stick in the bridge?
    Infound a j50N for the neck. The bridge my choices are
    J50b
    J80
    J90
    Wanting to keep the pup with the Jackson logo on it so the Pro is period correct.
    Hard to find these pups.
    Ty

Never heard of the J50M. J50B should work.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
      Never heard of the J50M. J50B should work.
      Thanks for the advise. I have a j92c in my v standard . wondering if the 50b will hold upnto the 92c?

Comment

J92C to J50B? I don't think so, mate. J50B is designed to work with the active preamp, so it's a little bit less output. Do not expect as much power as from the J92C. Personally I would go for J90C or J80C.. both great pickups. J80C being more versatile I think, but you can always split J90C..
        My Jackson/Charvel collection:

Charvel Model Series: Model 2 '87, Model 3 '86, Model 4 '87, Model 6 '86,
        Charvel Toothpaste: 750XL Honey Burst, 650XL, 475 Platinum Crackle, 375 Desert Crackle, Fusion Deluxe,
        Jackson Professionals: Fusion Pro '90, RR Pro '90, King V Pro, Dinky Rev '93, Infinity XL, LSX-III, Concert XL w/ 18V Reflex, Kelly KE3 Custom and JSX-94 Concept.

Comment

He's asking if the J50B in the neck would match with a J92C. Not replacing the J92C with a J50B.

And FWIW, the J50B works fine in the bridge. It's a typical PAF style. People have had these in the bridge of guitars since 1957.

Comment

I would put a J50BC rather than the J50B. It's a little hotter and would probably match better with a neck ceramic.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

So im getting my 1993 Rhoads Pro back to stock. I have access to a j50N White Jackson logo on it. But I cant find an orignal white logoed Jackson pup for the bridge. The Ceramic pickups do not have the logo because the use the pickup cover. So I need to find either an
              J80
              J90
              J92
              All of these will have the white Jackson logo on them.
              You guys have any direction to point me in?
              Ty

Comment

Also ? On the Jackson Jt590 Schaller trem. Im refurbing mine. I plan on getting a new saddle set with screws. So that part will all be new. But the base plate has some pitting and needs to be refurbed. I plan on hitting it down with a wire brush or possibly wire wheel on dremmel carefully and then repainting it. This will make it look like new. But my ? is what and how to repaint it? My Luthier said he seen people bake the paint on. I know a rattle can isnt the right way of going about it. I also know its not powder coated.
                I also seen Henrik from Audiozone state some of these Schallers have zinc? Am I better off getting an Orignal Floyd? But I to keep hardware to the Pro period correct
                Any suggestions. Ty guys
                Last edited by Jackrippedv; 03-10-2018, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Why don´t you just buy a new Schaller base plate? Is it that important for you to have "Jackson" stamped on the base plate?
                  My Jacksons: RR1 x2, RR Pro, Soloist Pro, RRXMG x2, SDX, JS32RR

Comment

I would also go for a new baseplate since they have the thread inserts that dont strip so easy. Also i think "baking a paint on" and powder coating is the same thing on powder coating the paint is infused in the material with electric current and then its "cooked " or "baked" to it in an oven. Powder coating is very resilient agains wear and tear.

Offcourse if you want to go ahead and refurbish the old baseplate its your call but in this case the new one would be better IMO.

Comment

powder coating is not "infusing" . An elctric charge is applied to the substrate while the opposite charge is applied to the powder. This causes them to adhere to each other +/-. Then it it put into the oven as mentioned, this melts the plastic powder onto the substrate. So in essence powder coating is plastic coating
                      A few Charvels, a bunch of Jacksons, JVM full stack, valve king half stack and an 4000 watt PA for a home stereo, my neighbors love me....

Comment

Yes having the Jackson logo will make it period correct. Im funny like that. But where are you seeing the replacement Schaller plate? Isnt the base plate metal on the Schallers? Ty guys

Comment

New base plate and saddles will cost as much as whole new tremolo. It is cheaper to get new Schaller tremolo kit than buying spare parts.

Comment

Anyone know where to get a
                            J90
                            J92c
                            With white Jackson logo on them?
                            Ty

Comment

Ok swapping the jt580lp to a jt590 schaller "floyd"
                              The nut width is going to be the same?

The swap will be on my other Jackson Randy Rhoads pro standard
                              Also my 1993 King V pro standard which has a jt580
                              Cant find anything online showing the width specs. I can measure the nut in mm but string spacing etc?
                              I know I will have to widen the stud holes for the schaller and install the new ones. Any extra info would be appreciated.
                              I noticed these 580's need too much attention! Nothing like my Edge or Low pro edge on my Ibanez!
                              Schaller should do the trick.
                              Ty guys

Comment

Working...
                              X