• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deal on SL2 pro audiostar.

I want to buy this.
    I cant, but I want to.

http://www.proaudiostar.com/jackson-...SABEgJHTvD_BwE

If the link expires - the price is $549 new in box. not used, or open box, blemished, b-stock etc.

Are these Indonesia and are they overall good playable guitars, at the regular street price of around $1000.?

I'm so leery of the new cut corners products.
    No way I can spend even the $549, just trying to measure bang for the buck.

Happy with my used DK2, just makes me want MORE Jacskon guitars!!
    Last edited by jrnj; 02-09-2018, 08:17 AM.

Yes, these are Indonesian. I haven't played an SL2Q myself, but I briefly owned a Cort-built Jackson SL3X which had an ICJ serial number, corresponding to Cort making it for Jackson in Indonesia. My review/photo thread about it: https://www.jcfonline.com/threads/15...n-SL3X-Soloist

From the Jackson website, SL2Q MAH page: https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/...d-purple-phaze, it looks like the ISJ serial number corresponds to Samick making these for Jackson in Indonesia. At a very quick look on the Jackson website, the Pro Series seems to have some models made by Samick and some made by Cort. Just an observation. Both would be of comparable quality.

Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 02-09-2018, 08:32 AM.

Comment

I read your SL3X thread. These were under $300 USD a year and a half ago and now $550?
      Yikes.

I'm still not clear on whether the Pro is worth the extra $$ over the SL3X.
      Proaudiostar had the white SL3X new for $369. new a couple of weeks ago.

But I opted for the '05 MIJ DK2 I posted about in the serial number thread.
      Very happy with it, I'm still considering FR and pickup upgrades but just playing the heck out of it for now.

I have been eyeing a few SL3 MIJ soloists and some sub $220 Charvel by Jackson but I am afraid of my uninformed ignorance.

Comment

I bought that SL3X for CAD$275 (USD$213) used from a seller who originally paid over CAD$900 (about USD$700) for it. (I saw the receipt).

At $549, by comparison the SL2 MAH looks like a deal, when considering retail prices. Though, I'm not sure I'd want to spend that much unless I could try that guitar in person and get over my fear of "overpaying" for non-American and non-Japanese Jacksons/Charvels.

Do you have photos of the $220 Charvel? Since you said "Charvel by Jackson" I'm going to guess it's a Charvel Model Series, but without more photos or description, it's difficult to pinpoint. If it is a Model Series, at $220 that's a great price and I'd prioritize that over the $549 SL2 MAH or even the white SL3X for $369.

Comment

Coming from the early 80's ... the entre concept of Jackson made by Cort...oh boy,...........
          A few Charvels, a bunch of Jacksons, JVM full stack, valve king half stack and an 4000 watt PA for a home stereo, my neighbors love me....

Comment

Working...
          X