You guys tell me.. Ebay know it all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys tell me.. Ebay know it all.

This guy on Ebay claims he has a 1990 RR5 made in Japan. He says the serial number is #0XXXXX. Im no Jackson know it all, but I know this is not what he claims. I told him I have the same guitar and that the first 2 numbers on this are the year. Mine is a 05 and that is the first 2 numbers. He says that it is a "O" as in the letter O and that corresponds to a 1990. I also told him that all there was back then was the Rhoads pro and that the RR designations didnt come till 1995.

You guys tell me!
    Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/192391101621?ul_noapp=true
    Last edited by Erection Jackson; 12-14-2017, 10:37 PM.

It's an RR5. They were offered in the 2000s.

Comment

Ya, i know..lol Thank you for the extra confirmation. Much appreciated.

Here is his reply:

"Thank you for your info. Information about the six digit serial numbers are the first number is not a number [zero], but rather the letter 'O', which corresponded to 1990. The information regarding 'serial numbers' is highly confusing and not as firm as one may expect after reading various sources on the Internet. But, thank you. I will post this viewpoint."
      Last edited by Erection Jackson; 12-14-2017, 10:54 PM.

Comment

LOL. It's pretty firm that that is an RR5 model and it was not offered in 1990.

Comment

Send him to the Jackson site and tell him to look at the catalogues.
          The RR5 first appeared in 2001. If he has 00xxxx he has a late 2000 model that would've been shipped for early 2001 release.
          It's very common to see this practice.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

RR5 and starting bid would be a steal if there's no reserve.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
            X