Jackson js32 dinky wood confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson js32 dinky wood confusion

So, I own a jackson js32 dinky (natural-oil finish) made in china. In the official jackson websites it states that the body is made from mahogany and the fingerboard is made from rosewood, but i have seen other sites state that the body is made from basewood and the fretboard from maple.
    Any idea which is correct?

If your fingerboard is brown, it's rosewood. If it's whitish/yellow, then it's maple. Got a pic?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      If your fingerboard is brown, it's rosewood. If it's whitish/yellow, then it's maple. Got a pic?
      Yeah it is rosewood most likely

Comment

One can never be sure with catalogue specs since there are plenty of errors over the years. I just glanced at the 2016 catalogue and noticed poplar, mahogany and basswood were mentioned for the JS series bodies.

It's hard to say based on that.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I have noticed this also. I just bought a JS32 Arch Top. Jackson's website says the body is poplar but all the retailer websites say its basswood. I have an email into Jackson asking for clarification. We shall see.

Comment

The bodies are basswood, have been ever since they went to China.

Comment

It seams a lot of the X series guitars have Basswood as well. I feel they should have Alder at least for what they cost. I believe they are Indonesian.

Comment

I got a reply from Jackson on this. The bodies in the JS series were basswood until 2017 when they switched to poplar.

Comment

That`s good news on the JS`s. Poplar must be cheaper than Alder right now. They have used Poplar before though.

Comment

Working...
                  X