Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Soloist Jr. thread

Has anyone ever heard of these?

My thoughts are, if the 750XL is the ultimate MIJ Charvel, then surely this is the ultimate MIJ Jackson. It is also much rarer.

Those Grover Jackson logo'd guitars were an early-mid '90s Japanese market model. They eventually turned into the 'STARS' logo'd models in the 2000's. All were only sold in Japan.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

What exactly is a Soloist Jr.? Is that the model name, or is it a smaller body?
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Good question. I couldn't find it in the one GJ catalogue I know of from '93.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          What exactly is a Soloist Jr.? Is that the model name, or is it a smaller body?
          Both. It also a 24.75" scale.
          Last edited by Jr.; 09-02-2017, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
            Good question. I couldn't find it in the one GJ catalogue I know of from '93.
            It only appears in the 1991 catalogue (pp. 24-25).

Comment

Is it a smaller body with shorter scale or just the short scale? Doesn't really appear to be smaller body.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                Is it a smaller body with shorter scale or just the short scale? Doesn't really appear to be smaller body.
                It's most definitely a smaller body. It's significantly smaller than my Soloist Standard (1992, Japan-only model)

Comment

Interesting. Never heard of it before, but looks kinda neat.

Comment

I have the catalog:

Comment

Originally posted by chispallate View Post
                      I have the catalog:
                      That's the one! Mine happens to have a J 0 serial, indicating 1990 production. It also came with an (assumingly) after-market original Floyd.

Comment

There is nothing "Jr" about that guitar! From what I've typically seen, the Jackson version of the 750XL was most often called the Soloist Archtop USA or Pro (MIJ). The MIJs of that period are fully on the same level as USAs, so any is a natural born killer.

I have both a Charvel 650 Custom and Soloist Pro MIJ from the same time period, and they are like twins other than the Charvel having a rosewood fretboard. I went the EMG route with the Charvel just to have something different, and it newly inspires me every time I play it.
                        '95 Charvel San Dimas USA Model I Koa - BKP
                        '91 Charvel 650 Custom - EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
                        '92 Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
                        '91 Charvel 475 Exotic Cherry Sunburst - Duncan PATB set
                        '90 Charvel 475 XL
                        '10 Charvel San Dimas MIJ Style 1 2H - JB/'59
                        Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp/Stereo Simul-Class 2:90
                        Mesa Boogie MkIII+ Simul-Class & MkIVb with Mark Series stack
                        Marshall JVM410H

Comment

Originally posted by Black Shadow View Post
                          There is nothing "Jr" about that guitar! From what I've typically seen, the Jackson version of the 750XL was most often called the Soloist Archtop USA or Pro (MIJ). The MIJs of that period are fully on the same level as USAs, so any is a natural born killer.

I have both a Charvel 650 Custom and Soloist Pro MIJ from the same time period, and they are like twins other than the Charvel having a rosewood fretboard. I went the EMG route with the Charvel just to have something different, and it newly inspires me every time I play it.
                          Very nice.

Comment

Working...
                          X