Professional pro , older vs newer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professional pro , older vs newer

I had 3 Rhoads pro 1 black from 94 , one flip flop purple from 94 and just got a 92 metallic black. The 92 has blank truss rod cover and the neck feels thicker than the superthin neck of the other 2 which i find great , overall feels like a better construction and heavier and does sound amazing. is it just my idea or there where differances in these?

Originally posted by KK666 View Post
    I had 3 Rhoads pro 1 black from 94 , one flip flop purple from 94 and just got a 92 metallic black. The 92 has blank truss rod cover and the neck feels thicker than the superthin neck of the other 2 which i find great , overall feels like a better construction and heavier and does sound amazing. is it just my idea or there where differances in these?
    You're right. There are multiple differences. Have in mind that at that time, most of the necks were completely shaped by hand (nowadays some of them still are).Specs control had a tolerance and probably this is the reason why you guitars differ a lot from each other regarding neck thickness and wood, as long as hardware parts.

Here in Brazil we will soon test the newest Pro series, made in Indonesia. Let's see how are they...

Comment

Take a look at the headstocks and where the tross rod cover ends and compare. early necks often end about in line with the first tuner like USA made necks, later necks end between 1st and 2nd tuner. all of the pros built between 1989 -1992 are similar to USA spec, USA jackson didn't like them cutting in on business and in 1993 -1995/1997 the differences started being introduced. 1995 was the offical end of Professional pros and after 1997 the higher quality parts and schaller parts were phased out. also 1989 - 1992 built pros had blank truss rod covers, 1993 - 1995 they had model scripts on them. however, there are some 1992 pros that have the newer neck profile and headstock that do not have a scrip truss, they are towards the end of 1992 year.
      Last edited by AAEA; 08-29-2017, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Thats exactly what my 92 pro is , feels almost identical to my 88 and 89 RR custom usa and better and tighter than the previous 2 94's pros which i had and sold for that reason, although they looked great and everything seemed to be there something was missing.

Comment

Working...
        X