identify jackson kelly body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• identify jackson kelly body

I picked this body up 12 years ago and have yet to identify it.. Anyone have any idea what it is? The neck joint is stamped p36t 11/9/21

The stamp actually says PS6T, which corresponds to an actual model number, the PS6T (Kelly from the Performer Series). More info: https://www.google.ca/search?newwind....0.3BhoXMpBk80

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
      The stamp actually says PS6T, which corresponds to an actual model number, the PS6T (Kelly from the Performer Series). More info: https://www.google.ca/search?newwind....0.3BhoXMpBk80

Awesome thank you so much. I always wondered what it was and what kinda wood it was made of. Only paid 40 shipped for it though so I can't complain. Got my dk2m shark fin neck on it at the moment

Comment

That would be 1999 Nov. 21. They were Japanese made from circa '98-2000. They were discontinued after 2000.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

As for body woods and specifications: http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/366...-on-this-Kelly

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
          PS6T/PS6

Intro: 1997
          Disco: 1999

Made in Japan

Pickups:
          Bridge - Jackson J70
          Neck - Jackson J70

Controls:
          Volume, 3-way toggle switch

Hardware:
          JT500 tremolo
          Jackson/Gotoh die-cast tuners

Woods:
          Body - Poplar with optional flamed maple top
          Neck - Maple (24 frets)
          Fretboard - Rosewood
          Looks like it's a poplar body. $40 for a nice solid Japanese-made poplar body, together with your killer DK2M neck, is a foundation for a killer guitar. My guitar is also a Kelly/Dinky mutt, with a KE3 body mated to a DK2S neck.

Comment

That should read '97-2000. They were still available in the 2000 catalogue.

I'd be interested to know if any Kelly Performers were Korean. If so, it'd suggest the Korean models went through '97. If not, it'd suggest Korea stopped before '97.

I'm still trying to figure which year the move from Korea to Japan happened for the Performers.

That was a factory mix up with the necks, wasn't it NOTP?
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

My knowledge on Professionals is adequate but pales in comparison to yours. My knowledge on Performers, Concepts, and Indian-made Jacksons is basically nonexistent so I defer to you again.

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
              That was a factory mix up with the necks, wasn't it NOTP?
              That's the one! A mixup that was all positive with no downside! Because Photobucket recently disallowed hotlinking images, I shot new photos and retroactively added them to my old NGD thread: https://www.jcfonline.com/threads/15...ke-my-old-one)

Comment

Performers could be told apart by the spacing of their 12th fret dots. IIRC Indonesian/Indian (whichever it was) had wider dots.

Of course, if you don't have the neck.....

I'd be interested to know if the date stamps were also different. This should translate to 2009, November, ad the 21 is either the day or the production run (since they rotated between models to keep up with demand, rather than having a machine dedicated to each body style).
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The Korean models I've seen have no useful stamps. Same as India, only scribbles, odd markings, random numbers/letters sometimes.
                  The stamps on this Kelly are standard year/month/day Japanese stamps.

2009? Am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                    The Korean models I've seen have no useful stamps. Same as India, only scribbles, odd markings, random numbers/letters sometimes.
                    The stamps on this Kelly are standard year/month/day Japanese stamps.

2009? Am I missing something?
                    My made in India js22 7 strings neck Stamp is illegible and my made in China js32rm rhoads is pretty bad too.

Comment

Yeah, Japan has the only useful stamps to my knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                      X