No announcement yet.

ID help: Upgraded JS32Q or Stock DK2MQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID help: Upgraded JS32Q or Stock DK2MQ?

... or other?

Hello everyone, thanks again in advance for your help. I try to pay-it-forward in other forums where I'm more knowledgeable.

I have someone who wants to trade me the Jackson Dinky photographed here. He says it's a Pro Series DK2M with stock Duncans but all my Googling leads me to believe it's a JS32Q with upgraded pickups. It's the burst body that doesn't look quite right. But, I'm not a Jackson expert, so here I am.

I welcome any ID help you can provide. Thanks everyone!

Yes, that's a JS32Q DKA. The 'A' is for archtop, DK2's weren't archtop. That's not a DK2 tremolo, either.

A Japanese DK2, which this guy thinks he has, would have a 7 digit serial beginning with 9.
    These recent Chinese made DKA's have date coded serials such as 13xxxxx-2013, 14xxxxx-2014 and so on. Plus, they usually have a prefix before the serial such as CXX13xxxxx. The 'C' is for China.

DK2's were Japanese until 2011. They've been Mexican since then, and they have no sharkfin inlays, plus a MXXxxxxxxx serial. The 'M' is for Mexico.

Dude is a liar, ill informed or mistaken.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

The bridge is also replaced. The JS32Q comes with a bridge that says "Jackson by Floyd Rose" and physically resembles an OFR with its 90-degree angle baseplate. The tremolo on this guitar is a Takeuchi JT580 (angled baseplate). That's why the trem looks so peculiar in the route. Would need more pics of the area to see if any additional routing has been done to accommodate that trem.

Comment

I can't see this guitar well enough to know for sure about the tremolo, but the earlier Chinese JS had the angled plated tremolos without the white painted markings.

[IMG][/IMG]
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Ah good catch!

Comment

Working...
          X