NGD Jackson SL3MG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD Jackson SL3MG

So i just got this one and i was not expecting much to be honest, but this thing is sweet. Only thing i'm not quite sold on is the fretboard i would have preferred ebony. Oh yeah and the EMGs might get replaced.

Nice. The serials are date coded on Japanese neck thrus. EX: 09xxxx-2009 etc.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

This one starts with 100, so that's a 2010 i guess, it's pretty much mint, doesn't look like it's been played.

Comment

Yes, 2010 is the first year they appear on the pricelists. $1829 MSRP with molded Jackson case in 2010. Street price would've been in the $12-1400 ballpark in North America.
        MSRP in 2011 was $2150 for the Natural finish, but these lists and the catalogues contain errors, so I can't confirm the prices.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Thanks! You're quite a database, appreciate it I'm in Denmark though so prices are all over the place. This one came with the case also.

Comment

They evidently were only offered in 2010-11, and the case was offered both years. Many higher end Japanese Jacksons started being offered with cases circa 2009.

The SL3MG probably would've lasted longer if Japanese production didn't stop in 2011.

Comment

That's very nice! I actually think the rosewood board looks great with the natural finish. Also, try swapping the EMG positions before replacing them. I find the 85 works better in the bridge and the 81 in the neck.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks, yeah that's a good idea, swapping them is a cheap mod

Edit: Swapped, yeah the 85 does indeed sound a bit fuller in the bridge than the 81. It will tie me over until i decide if this is the guitar to try out the Seymour Duncan Screamin' Demon/ DiMarzio Humbucker from Hell combo.
                Last edited by BQlleFrQ; 06-05-2017, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Cool. Always wanted to try a Humbucker From Hell and a regular Screamin' Demon. I do have a Little Screamin' Demon in my G&L Legacy Strat, love it.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Damn, i am quite surprised with the fit and finish on this one, it's just about perfect. The 3 way switch does feel a bit flimsy though and the floyd is a step down from an OFR or a schaller (fine tuners feel way stiffer), but stays in tune nicely.

Comment

Working...
                    X