Value of a '93 Rhoads STD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value of a '93 Rhoads STD?

Hi, trying to figure out what a '93 Jackson Rhoads Professional STD is worth. I've searched the web with not much success, as there seems to be little to no current info. Thanks in advance for any info!!!

Not much and they're not THAT desirable either, great player, mod the shit out of it.
    \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

$3-400 depending on condition, but it'll take some luck getting it today. $300-400 will get you a barely used Japanese bolt on Jackson pro series with a case these days in most North American markets.
      Craigslist is where people go for deals.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
        $3-400 depending on condition, but it'll take some luck getting it today. $300-400 will get you a barely used Japanese bolt on Jackson pro series with a case these days in most North American markets.
        I've been trying not to buy this local mij dxmg with an ofr for $250. Nobody else has seemed even slightly interested in it. Looks to be in great shape too. The market for MIJ is like they're MIC. To sell right now you have to basically give it away. My brain still sees $250 and MIJ dinky and I'm like whaaat, great deal!
        I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Thanks for the replies! Yeah, I've seen the bolt on's going for that much. But this one is a neck-through. $400 for a maple quartersawn neck-through is a good deal!

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic View Post
            Thanks for the replies! Yeah, I've seen the bolt on's going for that much. But this one is a neck-through. $400 for a maple quartersawn neck-through is a good deal!
            My only advice would be to try it and have patience. You can always lower the price later. Start at what you feel would be a good, fair asking price and go from there.

Also, you can't use online used prices as any kind of comparison for what to ask. For example, Guitar Center can list it at $400, but may sit on it for a year and likely has no real problem with that.
            I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Well, I muffed that. I forgot it was neck thru. $450 to as high as $600 mint/w case I'd say for that model with a JT580LP and dot inlays.
                Neck thru may well attract more attention, but Japanese neck thru prices aren't bolt on prices.

Once you hit $700 you're in RR5FR/RR24/ebony territory which had the FRT02000 tremolo's and sharkfins.
                These are just my opinion based on what I see weekly on craigslist/USA and kijiji here in Canada. I also see some of the mentioned models priced $900-1000+, but I can't imagine who's paying that.
                Last edited by Mudlark; 05-16-2017, 04:36 PM.
                96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Thanks for the follow up post, Mudlark! Personally, I think the MIJ Jackson neck throughs are a great bargain.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                    Mud is so generous! .
                    Imma say to an individual he may do $150-250 if mint with case on a local sale/pickup... no one's gonna pay an extra $75-100 to ship that, I'm willing to bet your local Guitar Center would only offer $100-125 for it and it'd go through price drops until it sells around $225.00 . There's no way you'd get 3-400 for a Standard unless you come across one dumbass dude. Don't take that to the bank that's just my opinion.

edit** thought this was a bolt on... neck thru getcha a few more bucks.
                    Last edited by Jackson8090s; 05-17-2017, 11:15 AM.
                    \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Yeah Japanese neck thrus under $500 aren't an everyday find. Sure, they can be found, but it's far from what I'd call common.

Getting any reasonable price today will require luck. There're so many guitars available people are forced to sell cheap if they need cash. Patience is key, location can be important...many craigslist sellers won't ship.

Comment

Working...
                      X